aluminum sneakbox

they are 1 1/4 angles i bent from 1/8 alum. with 1/4 alum. sandwiched between and then welded. ends up being 1/2 inch thick by 4 foot long welded to the bottom. i will be starting the bulkheads and transom supports today.

John,
Your boats are very interesting,keep the pictures coming. What do you use for flotation and where is it placed? Do you offer options,floor boards,cleats,etc. Any info would be helpful. Thanks
Bill.

there is 3 flotation compartments. after all welded, i fill them with eurathane foam. i can make, add or modify anything u might want on the boat. more pics coming soon. boat should be done within a week or 2. thanx

Boat looks great! I just refinished a cedar sneak with the same hull design.A small suggestion before you weld it solid, round out the bow rather than leaving it at a point I would hate to see ya mistakenly spear a bulk head or a piling, instead of bouncing off you'll dig right and do some damage to the bulkhead and or worse your boat. Keep the pics comming. Chris

John,

Here is a pic of my 13 foot Duck Water. I've been wanting an aluminum hatch cover. The dimensions are 30 x 74. Can you pm me a ballpark price if you can make one? I'm in Toms River.

downsize8.jpg

Last edited:
"about 90 foot of weld. all done with a tig. i dont like mig welding aluminum"

Here you go Dave a Quote from one of his earlier posts,,,,,Chuck

I am a tig guy myself. I used to have a better hand years ago. I can't see like I used to (need new glasses) and every now and then I touch the puddle with the tungsten. As you know, that makes one heck of a mess.

i hear ya dave. i stilll got both, luckily!. i prefer tig over mig because i control the heat, penetration and the filler. u cant really do that with a mig, and u get alot of build up for nothing. when i get done welding something i know it is done properly, even though it may take longer.

Back