Sara Wilson 1995 - 2010

Yukon Mike

She started out life as an underfed, unwanted mutt puppy that stole my heart and quickly became family to Jane and I all those years ago. She was an eager trainee and taught me lots about bringing out the confidence in a shy pup. We logged many miles together by canoe and on foot, later by motor boat and ATV. Too many stories to tell here for sure.

She was the ring bearer at our wedding, endured the addition of two kids to our family a few years later, and grew old with grace. She was fetching ducks at 13 and still chasing a tennis ball in the family room a week before she died. She loved going for boat rides and sleeping in warm sand. Who doesn't though?

I'm a lucky man to have so many fond memories of adventures with her, and she will be missed by all who knew her. I hope everyone has the pleasure of hunting with a dog like Sara once in their life.

Mike

View attachment laughingpup.jpg

View attachment headingout.jpg

View attachment sarasleeping.jpg

Mike, MY deepest sympathy goes with you!! Unfortunate as it is,it happens, IT has happened to me quite a few times and is about to happen again,my oldest lab SANDY is 13,my youngest is 3. Hang in there!! Get another right away!! Always hard to replace but "YOU GOTTA TRY!" GOOD LUCK AND SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS>

I could always tell the whole family was proud her from all of the pictures you posted over the years. Your kids will be proud to say she was their dog and even more proud to say they hunted over her. As a child your first dog is always special, to have one like her must have made here loss even harder.

Seeing your posts, and watching my kids with our dogs makes me think about that inevitable day in the future.

Take care,

Bob

My sinsere condolences to you and your family, Mike.
I think most dogs would be mighty envious of the life that Sara Wilson got to live.

Best,
Brian F.

I feel for you guys ,yes i do have such a dog in Daisy who is my first dog,,I will have a real hard time when her time comes as you are having ,im sure when your fine dog passed away...
take care
shermie...

Sorry for you're loss but get a new one as soon as possible it makes it easier,and remember you wont get one like you had they are all different in some way.

Back