Whats Your Big Water Duck Boat?

Here are a couple of the tank in the mud, not quite as thick, but I stopped and could dig out by dropping the motor down all the way, from a dead stop that is.

051708-tank01.jpg

UWFMudfest-26.jpg

UWFMudfest-26.jpg

UWFMudfest-24.jpg

051708-tank03.jpg

Hitch

Hitch,

Where did you get the tan plastic netting? I've looked for years for that color but usually black and green was all I could find.

Take care,

Ed L.

Frank, not really, I'm going to guess close to 30 when light,at full throttle, which I rarely do. I can put 24 bu. of crabs in totes, spread around the boat and still get it on plane, a little over 1,000#,but that slows it down considerably.
3 guys and decoys and it still goes good enough, but we only run a couple miles usually.
If I was regularly hauling max loads, I would opt for at least a 50/60 hp, that 75 should make that boat fly.

Can't find my picture, but a 23' War Eagle with an Evinrude 150. All I know is that 40 mph at 20 degrees F is COLD!!!!!!! Yeehaw.

Hey Cap, is that poling gear common where you are? you have a source that can ship? Thanks.

Hey Cap, is that poling gear common where you are? you have a source that can ship? Thanks.

Yes, most inshore boats have an anchoring gear on them, whether a push pole, electrical or manual stake out gear.

The bow mounted anchoring system is www.wanganchor.com

I've got a 2nd plate on the starboard deck where I can move the mount & stack out so both can throw @ a school of fish.

The boat also has the transom mount which is not visable in this photo.

I have the same system (bow/stern mounts) on my 18x44 GD mud boat.

Compared to www.powerpole.com, it's the best system out there for the money.

Last edited:
I don't really hunt the open water much but I cross lots of open water hunting on Lake Erie and Lake St. Clair. This rig gets me there and back. As much as I would love to have a Bankes Goliath I couldn't give up this one.

IMG00200.jpg

IMG00202.jpg

I just pulled the boat out of the garage this weekend and reinstalled the motor. I have to remove it to fit it in for the winter storage. I gave it a quick once over and made a quick list of things that need doing before the season starts. Once I get them done I will take it out for a shakedown run. Here is a video clip from a past August trip.

http://s136.photobucket.com/albums/q199/pmeis/LP%202008/?action=view&current=LP056.flv

Last edited:
Chris,

Any chance you have a shot of the top/inside of your starcraft? I'm reworking my 16' starcraft with a 50hp on it. It was a walkthrough, then a center console, now I'm changing to a side console. It was my go to boat for a few years and has been collecting dust for three years but I'm bringing it back as my big water tender for this season. I really like what you've done with yours and would appreciate any more photos for inspiration. I see you have a PA registration, if your anywhere near me give me a PM if your interested in getting together.

Thanks!
Gene

No one to guard the pies? I'll leave Otto - nobody will want to mess with a 100 lb chessie guarding food....................Unless they know it's Otto - just promise to share with him and he'll let you eat as much as you want hahaha.

Back