It's OK Jack,,,,,,,,,

Huntindave McCann

Sponsor
"Good dog Jack"

Grainy photo from a cheap camera but this was Jack's first in the field retrieve. We had walked back into a backwater creek and I was hunting from shore. It was a cripple that he had to swim to and chase down, but he did not give up.

View attachment afternoon mallard.jpg

"Pick'em up Jack"

That is the command Jack would hear when it was time for him to do his thing.

IMG_0265.jpg

An injury last year slowed him down physically but did not diminish his desire one bit. Fitted with a vest to help his flotation, he continued to hunt with me.

IMGP0529.jpg

201.jpg

202.jpg

The new pup seemed to give him a revived energy even tho he could not keep up for very long at a time.

IMG_7297.jpg

Yet he was content and we enjoyed each others friendship.

IMG_7589.jpg

IMG_7584.jpg

He now overlooks the place we hunted when we got these geese.

gooswspread003.jpg

Rest in peace Jack

IMG_7592.jpg

It's OK Jack, it's OK.

Good bye, Jack

Sorry to hear.

It's always hard to loose a faithful companion.

It's clear you have some fond memories. Cherish them.

Jon

Dave,

Sorry for your loss.

We all followed Jack's trials a while back and I feel like I knew him just a little bit. I admired his drive and the way he recovered from his injury and I admired the way you showed faith in his strength and rewarded his trust in you. The two of you demonstrated how strong the bond between the hunter and his dog can be.

Dave-

I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of Jack. That was a very nice tribute that you wrote up for him.

Dani

My heart felt condolences Dave. I know how close you two were.

Day is done, gone the sun
From the lakes, from the hills, from the sky

All is well, safely rest
God is near.

Stories such as the one you have shared with your dog always get me. Thanks so much for sharing with us and I hope you can find solace in your memories. Take care and let your memories of good times and proud moments move you in life..Thanks.

Dave,
I am glad I had the opportunity to meet you and Jack. I know my kids adored him. If you have time tell us the story of his last hunt as well he overcame a lot with his injury and never lost his desire that says a lot about the dog. My heart goes out to you the time we get with them is never enough.

Brandon

That just sucks Dave.
Jack was a Great Dog who showed courage in his pursuit of life even after a serious injury.
I can only guess the size of the hole in your house tonight.
Jack,
go in peace with the many others that have gone before you.

I'm sorry to hear about your loss of Jack. It's always hard when a huntn buddy pass on& it's always too soon. Good luck with the new pup.
Dennis

What a beautiful tribute you gave Jack. Dave, I am so sorry for your loss. I know that you have many fond memories of years past. They will always be there.
Al

Back