Aerocraft 12' Double Ender SOLD

Scott O.

I bought this boat in March 2009 as a restoration project and a number of people here followed the progress of that effort. (There are some other posts on this boat...just search for "aerocraft")

http://duckboats.net.nmsrv.com/...rch_string=aerocraft;

It was completely stripped to bare aluminum to expose the rivets that needed replacing. I primed and painted it using FME from Lock, Stock and Barrell.

I designed and built a custom chair that can be folded "up" for rowing and folded down as a layout chair.

The trailer was refurbished (lights, hitch etc.) and repainted then modified to fit this particular boat with new treated lumber flat bunks and carpet. The weatherproof storage box is new and very heavy duty as well as lockable. Great for anchor, PFDs etc.)

I have done a ton of searching for information on this specific boat and have become sort of an Aerocraft aluminum boat expert for all thats worth. I know there is a similar boat in Wisconsin owned by Bill Sands but its a square ender. I have been completely unable to find any information on this specific double ender nor could I find another boat like it.

The low profile allows you to disappear in any kind of flooded vegetation. Estimated weight is around 120 lbs so it comes off and on the trailer very easily. It has been a fun project and the boat is a blast to hunt from but now I am looking for another project so its for sale. $1200 (and I'll throw in the Can decoys...brand name - Lake St. Clair Blocks)

[inline picture2.jpg]

Seat in Rowing position

[inline picture3.jpg]

Seat in Hunting position

[inline picture4.jpg]

View attachment Picture2.jpg
View attachment Picture3.jpg
View attachment Picture4.jpg

Last edited:
Scott,

Can you call me please. I would like to look at the boat.

Regards,

Todd

Last edited:
Scott:
I'm sad that you are selling it! It's such a cool looking boat. I finally found out that mine is a '58. I always thought that you did a great job of painting the camo. Any way you could take a few overall pics and some detail pics so I can do the same on my Aerocraft. Many thanks in advance!! email: terry@branding-irons.biz

Well Terry..."listing" vs. "selling" are two different things :) so who knows, it may remain in the household fleet a while longer. I was just trying to be responsible and sell the old before I buy the new...and I have always been a little irresponsible when it comes to my duck hunting hobby. Just ask my wife.

As for the pics, I can do that. Not sure if you were looking to use them as a guide for your boat or just documenting the pattern but if it is the former, we can talk about the "layering" technique or just get together some weekend morning and paint your boat. Its reasonable simple, just a little time consuming to hand paint each reed layer then waiting to dry before advancing to the next layer. My goal was just to create a sort of "depth" that would blend in better.

Good to hear from you!

I think it'll sell easily. Do you have it on Craigslist?

Myself, I am now down to 2 boats (first time in 25 years)! Just trying to simplify things.

I'm not entirely sure what I am going to do. I have been contemplating stencils because I'm lazy and they're easy. With all of the other things I have going on, I need to stop obsessing over it. But then your camo job is one of the nicer ones I've seen.

Seems like I remember you having a 12 or 14 footer with an older motor and trailer that you have been using on LSC for a while.

(Unless you got rid of that for your '58 Aerocraft)

If you do, lets talk.

Back