Gone but not forgotten

don novicki

It won't be the same this year without you my faithful friend. No more will I hear the happy wag of your tail when I come home from second shift. We wont be sharing that late night sandwich. Or going for one of our many daily walks. And I know when I go out for the opener I won't have anyone to keep me company or to retrieve the few ducks that I shoot. Oh I remember when I first brought you home, how you settled right in and found your niche right away. I remember the long hours of training and how quickly you caught on. That first retrieve, when that guy asked me if I thought you could swim half way across that huge pond to retrieve his dove. I was so proud that a 6 month old dog, with a very poor trainer: me, could do what needed to be done and you did it. From there you progressed to the point where virtually nothing got away. The years passed and we both got older and then one day, you lost all your zip and spark. I knew that something was wrong, and when I took you to the vet and heard the words "stomach cancer" I was forced to do the only thing I could do for you my friend, but it wasn't easy. Now you are at the Rainbow Bridge waiting patiently. I will be along some day but just not right now. I look forward to seeing you my friend, I haven't gotten over you and I never will. You are missed by all of us. Rest in Peace until we meet again.....AKC Kinkade Gunners Dawn " Riley" CBR

Don
Im sorry to ear of your loss and I know its a feeling you can never forget and if you are anything like me,I lost my 2 little girls a couple of years ago and even now I have got a new pup (Amber) I am still finding hard to get over them. May your dog rest in peace and be at the rainbow bridge when you get there.
Take care and God Bless
Eddie and Amber
Its all about Building that Bond.

Don

I'm right there with you. The season is about to start and there's an empty feeling. We will forge on knowing that Riley and Cassie would want it that way.

Eric

Back