Ammendment to the classified rules - Guidelines for Commercial Posters

Chuck J

Everyone:

In an effort to clear up some big grey areas as to what is acceptable usage of the forum, Eric and I came up with some predetermined guidelines for members of Duckboats.net who are in commercial business ventures involving waterfowl related products, including but not limited to the manufacture or sale of boats, decoys, and calls or guiding/outfitting. We want to create a standard such that allows the valued knowledge of these proprietors of such business to be comfortable sharing their knowledge of waterfowling in general, and where applicable, their knowledge of their products in such a way that is not construed as spam. (Reminder, Duckboats.net is NOT a commercial site, it is privately owned by Eric Patterson, and does not officially endorse any products by any site participants. Any financial donation/support by any commercial member is always appreciated but is also not mandatory nor does it result in special treatment.) Duckboats.net is a community funded website. Unlike other online waterfowling communities it does not rely on commercial advertising revenues for its existence and therefore is not beholden, biased, or influenced by commercial interests.

Many of our long time Commercial Posters have through their years of helpfulness and their quality products built up a large following throughout the membership here. We recognize that oftentimes a past customer/member will endorse a product before the Commercial Poster even has an opportunity to bring it up, and we see this speaking volumes for your products quality and service beyond what your personal sales pitch can. We appreciate your past, present and future participation in this community and hope these guidelines will give you some comfort that your posts will be accepted as helpful knowledge and not taken the wrong way.

Please take a minute to review these guidelines:

http://www.duckboats.net/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=124114#124114

Thank you, if you have any further questions, feel free to contact Eric or myself,

Best
Chuck

Given the recient discussion in another thread, I thought I'd drag this back to the top as I think it as well as the link pretty much sums up site management's opinions on the situation:

(Reminder, Duckboats.net is NOT a commercial site, it is privately owned by Eric Patterson, and does not officially endorse any products by any site participants. Any financial donation/support by any commercial member is always appreciated but is also not mandatory nor does it result in special treatment.) Duckboats.net is a community funded website. Unlike other online waterfowling communities it does not rely on commercial advertising revenues for its existence and therefore is not beholden, biased, or influenced by commercial interests.

Back