Holly B. Williams

Sonny Williams

Holly came into our lives around Christmas of 1998. My stepson wanted a puppy and he was 17 and into girls. He looked at the classified and saw all these expensive puppies. I talked him into going to a friend of mine and getting a puppy. My friend just had a Chocolate Lab that fell in love with his cousin's yellow lab. I called my friend and said my son is on the way and I want the smallest female Chocolate in the litter and what was the price. He told me 25.00 to help pay Vet. bills. My son and his girl friend came home with puppy in loving arms. Wasn't long (one week) and my sons interest soon faded. Well Mom took over and started to take care of the puppy. It was cold that year around Christmas so my wife got up every morning and fixed warm puppy food. I had gone hunting one day and I called my wife on the phone and told here to bring Holly in the garage that I wanted to introduce her to a duck. When I came in the garage I had a Teal in my hand and she got excited. I tossed the Teal under my wife's Mustang and watched her belly crawl several times to retrive this duck. I had me a hunting dog. That following summer we realized that she was gun skiddish. so two are three times a week we would go to a pond throw bumpers and fire a blank 22 at a distance until we graduated to a 12ga. and live Dove in Sept. I had a friend that was out of work so he would scout for Dove and we would hunt several days a week. Well she had retrieved over 100 dove by Oct. 1999 and time to go to Canada. We had a good hunt in Canada and was well pleased with my 25.00 dog with no pedigree and no formal training. Holly went back every year with Oct. 2008 her last year. We came home and hunted New Years Day of 2010 and she made 16 great retrieves through ice mud and a very cold day. But there was something different and I could see it in my girl. We Dove hunted that following year and I knew she was unable to hunt any longer. I retired her and just made her a house girl that she deserver her retirement and an easier life. I sit here crying as i type this and hope that each one of you get to hunt with a dog that has this much heart and raw talent. Sonny Williams

Sonny,

I'm so sorry to hear of your pain. Holly was what I refer to as a heart dog... they sneak in and then never leave us.

Bill

Sonny,

Your tears are shared by all of us here, we feel and know your pain. Soon the pain you now feel will be replaced by all the good memories. Till that time, our prayers are with you.

Sonny so to hear about your buddie. They mean so much to us in so many ways. Always remember the good times and Im sure she gave her all every time out. God bless

Back