My boy Ness.

Tom Hickman

It is with a great burden that my family and I must say goodbye to our beloved 13 year old lab Nestle. I can rember going to pick up this pup who was born on valentines day back in 2000 as if were yesterday. My oldest daughter asked if she could name our bundle of chocolate energy, what father would say no to his little girl. So thinking Hershey would be his name my daughter yelled out "Daddy I want to name him Nestle" as in Nestle's quick. Soooo on that day our family became the proud owners of AKC Marissa's Nestle Quick aka Ness. I'm no means a good trainer but he sure made me look like I knew what I was doing. It was always an adventure for the two of us on our hunting trips. Seems he would always look at me with that look when I missed "like are you kidding me you missed again" but when he had his chance it was a lot of fun watching him chase down a cripple or just retrieve. Our vet is coming to the house this Tuesday, I need not say anymore. Tuesday will be a sad day in the Hickman household.

Tom, So sorry to hear such sad news. All of us dog people know just what you are going through. You will be in my thoughts and prayer. When things settle down get in touch with me, I live in Va. Beach. Maybe we can get together and hunt train dogs, or just chat about good times.
Sonny Williams
Ph.757-777-7159

Tom,

Tuesday will indeed be a sad day for your household. It is good that you can be prepared for it. Rest assured that (a) we know what you are going thru (b) our thoughts and prayers go out to you. Also know that in time you will fondly only recall the good memories, they will always be with you.

Thanks to all who replied. It has been one week since Nestle has left us, things getting back to normal. My other two labs, Bella and Holly make sure to let us know that all will be OK. It's odd how the other two new something wasn't quite right at home and kept sniffing around were Nestle would lay on his bed. Both dogs would lay there with a very sad look on their faces. Dogs are more intelligent than most people give them credit for.

Back