Misleading names...

Steve Steffy

Just driving to work today and went by one of our favorite eating establishments. It got me to thinking about the names some of these places come up with. My wife and my local favorites?

The Sloppy Duck - Great deep fried pickles and beer. Some of the other food is pretty tasty too. and it helps that our fishing boat is docked there.

The Ugly Tuna - Absolutely awesome wings...and they have Guinness on tap to boot. The Ugly Tuna quesadilla is pretty tasty as well...yes it has tuna in it.

Awful Arthurs - Well this one is in the Outer Banks of NC. But it still ranks up there on our list of great places to eat.

Anybody else want to chime in with some favorites?

Steve

there was a billboard advertising a restaurant in Geneva NY -

the restaurant's name was "PASTA ONLY"

the sign said "try our veal and seafood"

I have one. Dani, posted a picture of the outside of the building with a shark swallowing a person. It's called the Happy Snapper! Never ate there, but like the name. Jeff

Don't know about good food, but back in the day SATAN'S INFERNO, Youngstown, Ohio was a Very interesting place... I do believe they bulldozed it, tilled & salted the ground where it stood. Ah, to be young again.

One that always gets a chuckle is a small place up in the panhandle of Idaho..........Athol. I figured that the founding father of that town probably spoke with a lisp.

Gibby

One that always gets a chuckle is a small place up in the panhandle of Idaho..........Athol. I figured that the founding father of that town probably spoke with a lisp.

Gibby

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Atholl

a lovely area in the Perthshire/Kinross region of Scotland - a sort of gateway to the Highlands

The Duke of Atholl - seated in Blair castle - maintains the last private army in the UK and maybe Europe

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atholl_Highlanders

Last edited:
I grew up in Paducah, KY (not a major name) halfway between "Monkey's Eyebrow" and "Possum Trot".

Regards,
Kristan

Back