Your favorite waterfowl artist?

Reneson certainly puts you into the middle of the action. Did you ever notice in many if not all of Reneson's paintings the pencil drawings still in the print from his initial rough draft ?

Yes. I always notice them on the dog and the coat.

Reneson certainly puts you into the middle of the action. Did you ever notice in many if not all of Reneson's paintings the pencil drawings still in the print from his initial rough draft ?

It's fairly common to see the sketchs below the watercolors of artists who work with thin paint like Reneson. A real master of watercolor. It always amazes me how he makes a couple brush strokes look like a duck or grouse.

Tim

Chip~

Thanks so much for starting this thread. I am sure that lots of us discovered some new painters - and were reminded of others our old memories had let fade.

All the best,

SJS

Ron Van Gilder's work adds a slightly different point of reference that I enjoy, particularly since it depicts bigwater hardstem bullrush habitats which are a good match with my hunting waters.

Chip~

Thanks so much for starting this thread. I am sure that lots of us discovered some new painters - and were reminded of others our old memories had let fade.

All the best,

SJS

You're very welcome! I can imagine everyone was just like me...googling artists whenever a name I wasn't familiar with popped up.

Back