Annual Upper Midwest Shindig

Phil Nowack

Any of us up for a get together at Goose Island (or other venue) thus year? I know my schedule is starting to fill up... Or did I miss the thread on this topic already?

I don't think there has been any mention of it yet Phil. I'd like to see everyone but my schedule is filling up fast as well. Wouldn't it be great if we had a get together during hunting season? I know that park is open until the end of October.

That would mean I would get a chance to hunt the big muddy? I would be interested in a liars fest again, they are always fun. I guess I lean towards one in mid or early Sept. but will certainly try to make whenever it goes.

That works for me Boz!... With or without a gathering!... We would not have much competition in August!!!

Phil
I liked Pete's thoughts of having the get together during hunting season---that would be a blast.
wis boz

If we go for fall hunting weekend, I would vote to the weekend of 10/24&10/25. The park closes on Friday 10/30. That typically is the front end of the Can migration .

Phil
I'm packed for the 10/24 & 25. Meaning that I will be there. My son and I have a date with Todd out of
ferryville the following weekend and that has been too early for the big Can push but you never know.:)
wis boz

Last edited:
The 24th and 25th I am in ND. But to be honest any weekend you pick in October I will probably be going somewhere or getting back.

I would imaging that we would not need to get the shelter house for this type of get together.... ???? Camp sites should be readily available as well... No?

I agree. That time of year there should be all kinds of camp spots available and we could all reserve spots in one area to eliminate the need for the shelter.

Would you guys mind if I came up and joined you ? I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it but it sounds like a good time.

Fred

Would you guys mind if I came up and joined you ? I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it but it sounds like a good time.

Fred

Indiana Waterfowler

As long as you can talk one of the guys into showing you the secret handshake,,,,,,,,,, you'll be more than welcome to join us. :>) :>)

LIAR's FEST....the Duck Boat Page's reigning Elder Statesman-Wiz Boz....McMiller with a cooler full of Elk....other notables like Scholberg and a host of brown dog owners, (hey every group has its "strange relative" and they can be fun if you don't take their parents boasting about how they're "too smart" for the honor roll)....why heck it'll be like the Duck Boat Eider hunts and the Old Farts hunt......

If things go as planned I should be heading to Florida after a 2 moth long Upland Trip....trailer loaded down with Dani's dog Drake, Sage Grouse, Huns and Pheasants, and if Brandon doesn't hog all the Chukars maybe one of those as well....and Gator in the freezer......you guys get this ting planned I might just have to crash the party......

Steve

Back