Ever heard of a Nissan branded aluminum jon boat?

NickR

Title pretty well sums it up. There's a used one for sale but it's a couple hours away and so I was trying to find information online.

Sounds like Nissan boats were only on the market two years 1988-89 and their fiberglass line was a total catastrophe. I couldn't find any information on Aluminum boats.

Seller claims it's only been in the water a couple times and it's heavy duty. I'm curious if they are well made, how thick of aluminum, I'm assuming they are riveted, but I did see a blog post about a welded one, so that would be a plus.

Just fishing for info if anyone has any.

Thanks!

Title pretty well sums it up. There's a used one for sale but it's a couple hours away and so I was trying to find information online.

Sounds like Nissan boats were only on the market two years 1988-89 and their fiberglass line was a total catastrophe. I couldn't find any information on Aluminum boats.

Seller claims it's only been in the water a couple times and it's heavy duty. I'm curious if they are well made, how thick of aluminum, I'm assuming they are riveted, but I did see a blog post about a welded one, so that would be a plus.

Just fishing for info if anyone has any.

Thanks!

They probably did not make them themselves, just Nissan branded. I would try to find out who made them for Nissan. If you can get the manufacturers code for the HIN that may help (first three digits). Nissan may have registered them themselves, though.

I think that Tod is right, I don't think Nissan made boats, let alone outboards. I believe that the Nissan outboards were made by Tohatsu, is that correct Pat? And they are very good motors.

Back