Tom Scholberg update

Mark W

Just got a note regarding Tom. This was posted to his caring bridge site 1/2 hour ago or so.

"Tom woke up last night and was having difficulty moving his legs. Also he was too weak to stand with his walker. He had been walking with a cane during the day. I did call 911 and he was taken back to Methodist Hospital. MRI shows a fluid collection on his spine at the site of his first surgery. He will be having 2nd surgery tomorrow. Prayers please."

Please keep Tom in mind as you go about your day.

Mark W

Thanks for the update Mark. Thoughts and prayers to Tom and his family.

YIKES!!!! Definitely will be thinking of him...thanks for posting this

Tom's surgery yesterday went very well, better than expected. This second surgery wasn't nearly as invasive as the first one. He'll have some more PT, then home to rest and heal before further radiation therapy down the line.

Some of you remember this subject from the late Lee Harker. Well that does not apply here, I am one lucky sob. The beginning of this adventure would be some time last summer. I thought I had hurt a rib and "everyone knows" that hurts like hell and takes forever to heal. I made several trips to ER and got no relief. I did hunt our opener the last weekend in Sept but only a couple hours each day. Paul W. did fairly well by putting in his time on the water but I just couldn't. Finally my primary doc suggested a cat scan of my back, scooted over to get one done before closing time and headed home. Within a half hour the phone rang and someone from the imaging place told me to get myself checked into a hospital because there was something growing on my spine. So I did. A plasma cytoma on T7 was the technical title. Surgery, rehab and finally home. Thought I had it whuped, was walking with a cane and had one radiation treatment. Woke up at 4 Am and couldn't move my legs. Ambulance ride back to the hospital. Another surgery, rehab and back home yesterday (12/21/2016). Oh yeah while I was on my back I developed a blood clot in my leg so for the near future I get to give myself a shot in my belly twice a day. One day at a time and SHINY SIDE UP. Thanks for all the prayers and good karma from all my brothers and sister here, it worked.

Tom,

Good to hear your on the mend, it was great to log in and see your name as most recent post. Take care of yourself!

Best
Chuck

Great news Tom. Now stay out of the hospital. Hope you have a happy and non-eventful rest of the year.

Tim

Having my share of ups and downs i have compassion for those who are down. Glad to hear you a coming up. Life is good when you feel good.

You have been blessed. Have a merry Christmas and best wishes.

Tom, glad to see your report is positive and your on the mend. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and the family.

Back