Brigantines Dig Em Out Scout....AKA Scout

chris whitney

5566c01d9ae9709fc0d4b68f86cc1f49.jpg

4/15/04 - 12/3/16

We let my faithful companion go last weekend.

Scout was a typical chessie and the second great one that I had the privledge of being owned by! He lived for the water and to retrieve. No water was too fast, cold, or difficult for scout!

His forst retrieve was a banded black duck in the salt marsh behind Atlantic City in an adsolute storm. Wind was blowing 30-35 and the breakers were huge out front. He was just a pup of eight months and he hot that retrieve like he had been doing it for 10 years! He retrieved that bird to hand and it lit a fire that lasted his entire life!

I will be putting his ashes on the same point where his brother susquehana flats superfly (Hank) was laid the day he made the aforementtioned retrieve. Im hoping that We get some weather and the mood is set on 12/19/16.

So sorry to read about this Chris. They just don't live long enough. Cherish, and never forget the good times you had with him.

Jon

Chris,
I'm sorry for your loss. We are incredibly lucky to get to share all of those moments in the marsh with these great companions. Nobody else quite "gets" it like they do.

Scott

Back