Midcourse corrections

MLBob Furia

There are always those days when we agonize over the decision to pick up all the decoys and move. Sometimes it works.... sometimes its a bust...... and most of the time a big group shows up while we're out in the open picking decoys up [wink]

IMGP7707_zpsn5739nr4.jpg

Yesterday, after seeing several groups of ducks moving behind me - and calling to them with no results - I decided something must be going on further back in the slough. After debating with myself for a half-hour, I finally picked everything up at 11 a.m. and headed for a new location. Sure enough, I jumped a good sized group of mallards out of a cove where the vegetation was covered by about 18" of water from when the River started coming back up, mid-week. Nothing like a group of live birds to pull everything else to them.

Poled the TDB in, re-set the decoys, and dragged the boat into the willows by the bank. This time, it turned out to be a good move.

IMGP7664_zpsimugshfj.jpg

IMGP7668_zpsd23tm13b.jpg

IMGP7708_zpsffzo8q7c.jpg

IMGP7694_zpsbunrgom7.jpg

Scooter did another nice job of watching and gettin'

IMGP7686_zpspghikxff.jpg

IMGP7704_zpszxvpvzlf.jpg

IMGP7680_zpsp4hq1mie.jpg

IMGP7681_zps73ha0oxy.jpg

IMGP7683_zpsclppd6xj.jpg

IMGP7684_zpsd2rpspop.jpg

Beautiful birds, particularly the hens.

Bob, do you have the Cabot stain colors or code numbers for your TDB blind? Yes, I am counting on your meticulousness...

Bob, do you have the Cabot stain colors or code numbers for your TDB blind? Yes, I am counting on your meticulousness...

Tell you the truth, Rick, last time I freshened up the colors on the fabric of the boat blind and treated it with water repellent, I just hung the panels on the fence in my yard and lightly misted over the original markings with whatever "rattle can" camo colors in flat black & brown I had on a shelf in the basement.

Good girl, Scooter. Glad you had your eyes working overtime and then made that decision to move. Nice day of duck hunting, Bob. Those decoys your made are just plain looking about as alive as a decoy could get. Beautiful work.
Al

Bob~

Just spectacular! Your decoys look absolutely perfect when hard at work.

Scooter's peek-a-boo photo is just wonderful.

And, my middle-age eyes really appreciate the large font.

All the best,

SJS

Bob~

And, my middle-age eyes really appreciate the large font.

SJS

Finally figured out how to make it appear larger in that "markup help" section and even how to do the smileys [laugh]. You can teach an old dog new tricks!

Great stuff Bob. As Steve mentioned, the peek-a-boo picture is a keeper, as it appears Scooter is too. thanks for sharing. Troy

Love the shot of the orange legs in the air with Scooter on the move. It's what we go to sleep dreaming about. Nice job.

Back