Got some goodies in the mIl

Tony hall

Well after looking all over for plans for a sneak boat. I finally ordered some. Ordered the broadbill 14 from Clark craft. Still not entirely sure this is the boat but we will see. Still trying to figure out what hul a friend has. Don't have a pic of it but will try to get it up here. Anyway I suppose I'm one step closer. Going to send material list to friend at lumber yard and have him give me a price also. Our duck season is closed already, have late goose but not sure how much I'll get out so building could be starting sooner than later

Tony

I built one several years ago and have since built a couple Devlin boats. I love my Broadbill BUT it does have issues. The big one in my mind is the frames that don't let the boat drain clean. If you have any questions feel free to PM me. Check out the pictures in the spec section.

I built one several years ago and have since built a couple Devlin boats. I love my Broadbill BUT it does have issues. The big one in my mind is the frames that don't let the boat drain clean. If you have any questions feel free to PM me. Check out the pictures in the spec section.

So that was one thing I noticed right off the bat. No limber holes in frames. I will tell you though for $48 your really getting nice plans and instructions.

I think if I do end up building this boat I will add limber holes through frames and possibly try to do something on the inner keelson so water drains side to side too. And probably raise cockpit height and add flip down doors. We will see.

I'll check out you pics too

Tony

Tony, I may have a series of build pics that I sent out when I finished it. I am housebound for a few more weeks so I will dig it out and let you know. Also what I did was glue foam between the stringers to level out the floor. A removable floor makes a difference too, it allows you access with a sponge. Funny what you can find after a season. I have some other ideas if you do build this one. Found them!!!!! PM me your snail mail addy and I'll burn you a CD of pics that will get the juices flowing.

Last edited:
Back