hog hunt nc

Joseph Sarno

hoping to get info on a quality outfitter or private operation for hog hunt in feb.. my family and i are heading down to north Carolina near South Carolina border to visit some family and me and my son or sons would love to get out on a hunt . any info would be great .thanks joe

My uncle has gone down to NC twice for hogs, 100% success rate, I will try to find out who he used.

Can't recommend a guide, but south carolinas hog population is much higher than NC. If you are set on NC stay away from Carolina Razorbacks.

Joe

I went to this place with three other guys a few years back and had a good hunt. http://www.huntinglodge.net/ Nothing fancy, all fair chase and at the time reasonable. He is only about an hour inland from Myrtle Beach so I'm not sure if that will work for you. PM me if you want more info
[

blows my mind people willing to pay to kill a hog. they are literally everywhere down here. I could probably make a killing if I had the time to halfway guide a few hunts. kill'em all!

Last edited:
Its all about access and having someone who knows where the pigs are and how to do it.
Same can be said for any guide service!

thanks Carl , i appreciate it . we have never harvested one before and heard they taste great and it is always a great time to get in the woods. thanks everyone

Yes, get a young sow or immature male and its by far the best pork out there. Especially if they have been feeding on acorns.
BTW, the big boars make nice trophies but I hear they are practically inedible.
IMO, best eating size are under then 100#.

I agree that smaller is tastier in the case of hogs, but I've eaten 200+ lb boars, and they are perfectly edible. However, I'll admit we often use more meat from the larger boars for sausage.

Buffalo creek guide service is another . A friend had great luck with him two years in a row. Johnny Dale,Magnolia NC. Good luck!

Got us some sausage this am
20170127_102719_zpsi8g8i3af.jpg
[/URL]

Back