Silent auction item for son's baseball team

Eric Patterson

Staff member
I'm happy with the way this turned out. It's for a HS baseball fundraiser tomorrow evening. Some may recognize the base as being from an older Delta bandsaw. I stripped the paint and blackened it with Birchwood Casey gunsmith blackener. The top and shelf are cherry with walnut accents. Finish is Waterlox (I love the stuff). Next year I want to do a full size table with antique cast iron lathe legs. That is if I can find some. They are in high demand these days.

SilentAuctionEndTable.jpg

Good morning, Eric~

Beautiful work with very creative ideas! I, too, love Waterlox. The "coffee table" in our library is an old wooden tool chest I stripped and re-finished with it. Very serviceable and just the right luster.

All the best,

SJS

I used waterlox on a butcher block countertop with an undermount sink. 3 years no problems. Nice mating of materials Eric, you are right about the industrial bases, hard to come by.

Nice job on the table. Lets see more of the shop walls with all that bleacher seat lumber. BTW, I don't know if I have ever seen a wood shop with such nice shoe moulding.

I too love Waterlox. We did all the floors in our house with it. Waterlox and Oak has a much better appearance than Waterlox on pine....

Eric,
Nice job. I like it. Gives me some great ideas. I've got a bunch of 100+ year old Chestnut I've been wanting to do something with. Looks like I've got some direction to go. Thanks.
Lou

I've got a bunch of 100+ year old Chestnut I've been wanting to do something with.

lou,
Any photos from the day you planted that Chestnut as a seedling? ;>)

I'll be that's funny in Iowa. ;) Guess I should have seen that coming.
Lou

First Arbor Day, 1872
[inline capture.jpg]

I believe that's Lou on the business end of the shovel, a clean shaven Wicker-T making sure Lou doesn't bump the tree off plumb, and HuntinDave in the back doing what he does best...nothing!

View attachment Capture.JPG

Appreciate the compliments. The fundraiser went well even though it was a light turnout. Table went for about $125 which is what I had in it. Most of the auction items were in the $25 - $50 retail range. I think for this type of fundraiser anything above $100 has a small audience.

I was busy with the workshop over the holidays and will try and get some pictures up soon. Jeff Smith and I managed to finish all the trim work inside the workshop. Next step is finishing the garage side of the wall that divides the workshop from the garage.

Eric

Back