NDR: Good thoughts, prayers, stump dances, etc.., requested.

Carl

Staff member
This time for a good reason:

After exactly 1.5 years, my wife and daughter are (finally) returning from Okinawa.

Since September 2017, my wife has served our Airmen and Marines as a Family Assistance RN on Kadena AFB and Camp Foster. As a fairly recent immigrant and someone from a country where military service is not as highly held as here, she has gained a whole new respect for our military members and families. Really changed her perspective on a lot of things. She has really enjoyed working with our military families and hopes to do so again in the future.

Our daughter has been enrolled in Japanese public school since then and is now 95% fluent, reading, writing and speaking Japanese. She learned to play the Okinawan harp, too many things about Japanese culture to list and experienced things she never thought she would.

It has been an incredible experience for both of them.

My son and I have had a great time being bachelors, got a lot of fishing & hunting done. He matured a lot, even learned to drive (scary!). But we sure have missed our girls.

Tomorrow evening, the girls will board them big ole jet planes for the 24 hour trip back home.

Your thoughts for their safe travel are appreciated!

Carl , you and your son better get busy cleaning up the place to get it back to the way it was before she left...... That's a long time and I'm sure you will be glad to have your girls home.
Wishing them safe travels and a happy return home, Jeff

Oh, we've been cleaning & straightening up since the end of duck season!!

Still a few last minute things to handle tomorrow & then we will be ready. But I sure momma will find a few things amiss. :)

Safe travels for your loved ones.

I hope you haven't cleaned up too well. Might make her suspicious if it's all too clean and organized. :)

Tim

Oh, we've been cleaning & straightening up since the end of duck season!!

Still a few last minute things to handle tomorrow & then we will be ready. But I sure momma will find a few things amiss. :)

Wow, that a real commitment to spend that amount of time serving others. Safe travels and welcome home to your wife and daughter.

Good luck to the girls. I'm guessing the toughest transition may be for your teenage son, who has to adjust to having a mother and sister in the house again. LOL.

I can't imagine being away from my wife for 18 months. Don't know how you guys managed it.

Here's to safe travels and a happy homecoming. I happy for you Carl. Enjoy the reunion.

Mark

Wishing safe travels for your girls. What a great experience for them but I know you are anxious to have them home. My only advice would be to get that house cleaned up. I do my best (really!) to keep the place clean when my wife is gone but it is never clean enough for her!

Wishing safe travels for your girls. What a great experience for them but I know you are anxious to have them home. My only advice would be to get that house cleaned up. I do my best (really!) to keep the place clean when my wife is gone but it is never clean enough for her!

Given your avatar, that's hard to imagine. LOL!

Prayers sent for safe travels! I admire anyone who serves overseas for our country in any form or fashion, much less anyone who can take those long flights!

Return migration is 9 hours from completion!

Gotta go get more bleach.....

After exactly 1.5 years, my wife and daughter are (finally) returning from Okinawa.

Carl,
I don't know what you did to get banished for 1.5 years,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but I hope you learned not to do it again!

I still haven't figured it out either!
Probably something I did ten year ago.....

Back