What 18" of snow looks like

Mark W

We have been bracing all week for the big storm that was to have hit Thursday evening and continuing to dump snow well into Friday. Businesses and schools were making emergency plans and we were reminded again what to put in our car should we be on a lonely road and get stuck. Set the alarm clock for an hour earlier than normal as I was prepared to blow out our, and my parents driveway. Filled up with gas last night in all vehicles etc.... Here is what we awoke to. Thought you Southerners might like to see what 18"'s of snow dumped in a few hours looks like:

View attachment 18.jpg

Don't think I'm complaining cause I'm not. A little snow would be nice as we have hardly received any this winter. I'm already worried what it is going to look like out west for the duck opener. No snow = low potholes.

Mark

We were in the foot range here but that was lowered all day yesterday. I think we ended up getting about 6". It's hard to tell because they did get the strong winds right.

I need to get the snow blower going now. It would be a quick job if I didn't have a dang cold.

Tim

Mark, our predicted 12 inches turned in about 30 10 days ago, so things even out. Will post some photos, but need to downsize them. It was biblical. We had two other storms in about a week, with a total of ~50 inches of new snow on the ground before the big melt this week. I had drifts to my roofline 8' off the ground.

We had a thunderstorm roll through this morning...like with rain and such. Predicted "snowshowers" for tomorrow, but up in the 40's Sunday and 50's next week, so IF it sticks, it won't last long.

Thunderstorms last night, and 70 degrees now. A good day to get some natural Vitamin D. Ponds are still ice covered, streams are high. Canada geese have been moving in. I'm sure we will pay for this nice weather in the not to distant future.

Back