Barnegat Bay Sneakbox Poster

Brian R

Found this poster when cleaning out an old house. I just had it framed and matted. Anyone know anything about it? It is signed Anthony Hillman 1980.

Afternoon Brian,
Very nice, lots of history there.

I have a 1976 original framed pen & ink color Barnegat Bay Sneakbox Market Gunning Rig 1880 that Anthony Hillman did in 1976. It is also remarked with a Black duck. Picked this up when I lived in New Jersey and hunted with Bob Peterson of Tuckahoe, NJ and Ronnie Dombroski of Trenton, NJ. Both men great decoy carvers and waterfowl hunters and friends.
Something about sharing a good duck hunt on the salt marshes of New Jersey.

Dennis S. (Rio Rancho, NM)
Quack

Pretty sure he still lives in Cape May Court House. I have some mutual friends but don't know him personally. I'd love to have one of those posters.

Found this poster when cleaning out an old house. I just had it framed and matted. Anyone know anything about it? It is signed Anthony Hillman 1980.

I went Roy C 's house in RI to look at his Banks Boat over the weekend and there sits this BBSB built exactly to this poster. He said it was made at the Rockland Maine Ship Yard in 2004. The boat is like new. Has Canvas on the deck and has never been glassed over. It was neat to see the poster on the Fourm a few weeks ago and then see the boat.
Phil

Back