Mason Premier

Rick L

when I posted the question about the magnum can - I was asked to post a picture of the Mason premier black duck i picked up at the same show

here you go

DSC_0740_zpsljvr5tbk.jpg

DSC_0739_zpsbouxw18p.jpg

Yeah - gonna burst my bubble ?

What stands out to you
. Total
Repaint. And the bill is not correct. I am
Sorry. Send the photos to Gary guyette. Was it a decoy dealer that sold it to you?

Yes. Who seemed to know his stuff in our other dealings

I'll send the pics as you suggest and see what comes of it

Thank you for the heads up

I am sorry. And good luck.

Absolutely nothing for you to be sorry about

I'd have not known for weeks until a serious collector friend gets back and that may well have been too late

We'll find out if he's a wheeler dealer or an honest dealer

Who's the dealer ?
By informing the group, others won't deal with this individual and make the same mistake that you made.
He/she should stand behind the sale and take the bird back if it was misrepresented. Horror stories like this kills the hobby. It's a shame and it's blatantly dishonest.

Who's the dealer ?
By informing the group, others won't deal with this individual and make the same mistake that you made.
He/she should stand behind the sale and take the bird back if it was misrepresented. Horror stories like this kills the hobby. It's a shame and it's blatantly dishonest.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

lets give him a chance to do the right thing first, I sent the pics to Guyette as suggested - then I will contact the dealer -

I agree! The lynch mob mentality is unfortunately the way social media has gone. Let the person fix his mistake. And not hang him
In a court of public opinion. Good luck.

It is the classy thing to do. From what I see (especially the head and bill) the decoy is not correct, but I'm no expert. G&D should give you the proper info, as would Russ Goldberger of RJGAntiques, or Al Haid.

Mason decoys may well be the Salvador Dali "original paintings" of the decoy world...

Back