Journals

Gary Tanner

A thread on another forum got me thinking about my hunting/fishing journals. The farthest back mine go is, I think, 1981, when I was a grad student at the University of Tennessee. They progress from there to the mid-80's, when I was a grad student studying ruffed grouse on the Tug Hill Plateau, NY. Those were the days! My setter, Kate, was the bird dog of a lifetime. A couple of the years we hunted more than 100 days together. Anyway, a glimpse at the journals...love to see what others have, journal-wise!
pCGc7l0.jpg

9NHgcMV.jpg

Crq6Iqm.jpg

IUXeIol.jpg

oFyfbYi.jpg

These]days, I transfer my salmon fishing notes to my blog when I get home.
LdJHhWg.jpg

Love to see some others old notes here.
Gary

nice Gary-

I started one with my first retriever- but lost it somewhere along the way.

the oldest I still have started with my first setter and I have kept them up with each dog since- I started a separate one for fishing many years later

i'll get a few pages photographed and post them

I used to carry a mini cassette recorder on the dash of my truck for the drive home. Now I have a digital recorder but really should transcribe those both onto paper. Lately there has been precious little to journal so the habit kinda died off. There is a cigar box of mini cassettes staring me in the face as I post this so there is hope.

I started mine in 1969. For years, it was notes etc on various pieces of paper in a loose leaf notebook. A few years back a friend of our daughter's who has binding skills bound three volumes for me. I get great pleasure out of "looking back" in time, and continue to make entries all year long. The journal, along with photos are among my most cherished items.

Back