Classic duck boats.

john ford

As winter is unwilling to loosen it's never ending grip. Please post your idea of the best of the classic duck boats And by that I mean wooded created duck boats. From both coasts and the vast Mississippi flyaway, I am
Always amazed at the creations of form and function of specific areas Think spring.

Perrin Barnaget Bay Sneakbox.....end of story.the one and only. I've built the hard chained plywood immatation only because I doubt if I. Outdoor build a planked boat that would float
Other boat I would love to own would be a Bellport Scooter. With the three rails it could be sailed over ice and then sailed over water then back onto the ice. Originally most were painted white and used for gunning at the edge of the ice. There is still an active group who sail their boats on the ice. Had a big fore boom with a club footed jib(sail in front had a boom on it) Boom was hinged off center and the boat was steered with the jib.....turns on a dime
The other boat I like was the Pattersquash Gun Club boat. It was long and lean and I think mostly poled in the shallow water of Great South Bay.
I would love to have the mother boat shown in Steve Sanfords" when broadbill were king." That was sweet.
We have ten boats now and my wife would kill me if she saw this. Better stop no before I start to drewl on the I-pad.

I can't find the emoticon but on one of the double gun boards - there is a guy who would post it on a thread like this

it says

"THIS POST IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICTURES"

food-smiley-004.gif

really- i think most of us would love to see pictures of your classics -I love the skiffs from the upper mid-west the Shell Drake's Mallard queen sort of thing

i have not seen a regional style for NY's Finger Lakes - but then again - we have trout boats

Last edited:
Back