NE Zone Duck dates 2017

Kevin B

Here are the dates to put forward at the meeting. Ny has a direct hunter input anyone can use as long as you enter your Hip #. It was very useful to the task force members here in the NE zone.

Duck open 10/7-29 split 11/4 -12/10

Goose 10/28-12/10 split 12/26 -12/31

Stay safe, shoot straight

Last edited:
Good morning, Kevin~

Looks like you missed a digit (first opener). It's 10/7 - correct? (same as Southeastern Zone).

All the best,

SJS

Thanks Steve,

I was trying to do something,anything sine I got out of Albany Med this week (Blood clots, Legs lungs. I wasn't able to attend the NE zone meeting but had forwarded my dates. The new input duck season comment page the DEC is an excellent tool. I hope everyone uses it. It only takes your HIP number to enter.

I didn't get the SE dates nor the VT/NY public meeting date I know it was suppose to be on the 13th but cancelled. Would you know?

Best

Kevin B

Kevin~

That sounds like a rough week! I surely hope you are on the mend.

I saw the cancellation for the NY-VT mtg in Whitehall - but nothing since. I plan to attend if my schedule allows.

I'll keep my eyes peeled.

All the best,

SJS

Kevin~

Looks like we missed the boat on the public meeting.

Unfortunately you missed the re-scheduled meeting. John and David held the meeting on March 24th.

But, VT's David Sausville wrote:

The Board is still accepting comments up until the final vote meeting on April 5th. You can send the comments to me for inclusion in the summary I will supply the Board or you can email them direct through a link on the Department website vtfishandwildlife.com

I have not heard what dates they are favoring.

SJS

Thanks steve,

i will forward my last season results that favored a later second opener. We had ample birds right up and past the close in December.

I believe Vt has been using an alternate mid week/ weekend opener date. I have no preference.

Have not seen the proposed SE zone dates as well but it can wait.

I am doing fine , new blood thinners are amazing,just can't run my chain saw for awhile

Back