Feels Like A Funeral

Paul Mc

I'm sure most of those loyal to this series felt the same way when you saw the last episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcFv9SO_8lQ

What a wonderful journey, thanks to the OP for putting it here.

Good morning, Mc~

I was hoping to get over to RI to see the finished vessel and meet Lou today - but other stuff got in the way.

I keep looking in my IN box for more episodes....he hasn't even built the stool rack or the thatch rails yet!!!!!

All the best,

SJS

I'm not even that interested in building a boat but I found that series fascinating. His ingenuity and skill were mesmerising.
Wouldn't it be cool if he would build a sneakbox or small rowing skiff for his next series.

Tim

Bidding is very high for a boat without a motor even on it.
It will probably go sky high and the bidder will back out

Did any forum members attend April 22nd viewing oh finished oak skiff? I thought there was going to be a launching and a test with an outboard motor. Maybe this was a rumor. It was a lot of fun watching the build, but I haven't seen any episodes after #35.

Go on to Jamestown Supply web site, episode 37 is the last one. They show the sea trial. They put a 50hp on the boat ,it flies. Personally I think it's a little overpowered....just my 2cents. I really enjoyed the series.

Very cool stuff! I will most likely never ever have a chance to build or own a boat like that but it was sure cool to watch it go from trees to rough lumber to a finished boat.
This guys is a wealth of boat building & woodworking knowledge, he should be teaching!!!

BTW, he did state in the video that he thought the 50 was a little too much HP as well.

Back