Some puppy eye candy

Troy Fields

I realize that this is a duck boat site but all of us love ours dogs and the jobs that do for us so here are the latest two additions to the Fields family. Granted, not duck dogs, but still pretty cute and soon to be terrorizing the snowshoe hare population of western Maine. Four weeks old here, so still four weeks to go before coming home.
This is Izzy.

And this is Jack

Most hound puppies are cute, these two are no exception.
Going on a rabbit hunt with beagles is something that my coon hound friends tell me I must experience.

Tim

Troy thanks for the post I forgot how much I miss having beagles. Vey good looking pair of pups the white rabbit better watch out.

Thanks Bomber. I had beagles for about 30 years and have been without them for about the last 5. It was time.

Nice pups! I grew up hunting rabbits with my uncle and his beagle in NE PA. She was an incredible dog, we killed many rabbits thanks to her. Sure miss rabbit hunting!

Troy,

I am jealous. I grew up hunting rabbits and pheasants over beagle. Some days I still think about getting a beagle. For now I just keep training my labs to rabbit hunt, but I do miss the music.

Mike

Ya just gotta love puppy pictures, doesn't matter what breed. Izzy and Jack look like they'll be happy to terrorize the local hare population with you this fall Troy. Enjoy the training this summer.

Steve

Thanks for those pictures, Troy. Those 28 days will disappear quicker than you think. Best of luck.
Al

Does this mean snowshoe hare guiding is again in your career plans? I've always wanted to hunt hares over a good beagle.

I will be getting back into Jeff. Not sure they will be guide worthy by this coming season but we will be training hard all summer and fall. It does take a little time to acclimate to snow running from bare ground though.

Back