Second attempt at posting pic

bob Petritsch

These are of the solid scoter I made from foam I got from Tractor Supply.
Blocks are big and pretty solid. I cut them on a hot wire I made. The foam, two dekes from one block, is glued to a belly board.
I used wood glue, the same glue I used to Restle coat the finished blocks.
I cut again with the hot wire to to take off the back cut off and then the head cut off. Then I cut the decoy to the bottom board.
Did the rough sanding with a rasp and finished with a sanding sponge.....goes very fast.
The heads are 5/4 soft wood that I glued blue foam onto both sides....keeping the bill horizontal with the grain. The blue foam works much better than the white foam. Makes for much finer outcome. I use5/4wood so I can put a dowel through the head,body,belly board and keel. Keels are 2X2 pine. I just drill a hole for the line....they are self righting when finished.
I put two layers of glue and screened sawdust on them, then painted....again thanks to SteveSanford for the suggested hen colors. That's about it.

View attachment image.jpg

Bob,
Make sure the guys in your boat this fall shoot the ducks and not those fine faux birds. Nice job. You should be about ready to head north, eh?
Larry Eckart

Back