North Bay Game Calls closing up shop...

Steve Steffy

Well, it's final. I'm shutting the doors on North Bay Game Calls. I have no choice. My wife of nearly 25 years, best friend of 28 and mother of our three children has decided the grass is greener on the other side. She's been seeing some thug biker dude behind my back for the last two moth or more. I still gave her the opportunity to save our marriage and she didn't want it. I'll be filing for divorce as soon as possible and selling off all NB equipment, wood, etc. as well as most of my firearms and whatever else I can find to get this over with so I can move on with my life without her.

I just wanted to say thank you to all of you that have made North Bay what it is over the years. I could never have done anything I did without you. I don't want to end the business, but financially I really have no choice in the matter. I'll be shutting down the website and Facebook page in the next month or two.

Again, I really appreciate it and I hope to be able to hunt with some of you guys again in the future. I've made some great friends through the NB business and I intend to continue those friendships. I will still be on D-Boats as much as possible and rolling forward as quickly as possible. Thanks again and good gunnin'!

Steve Steffy

been there

its a very tough road - but you can get through it and be happy if you keep your head about you

good luck

Sad to read this. I've been through it, too. There is light at the end of the tunnel, believe me.

Best wishes.

I'm sorry to hear you are going through this sir. I have been there myself.

If your going to sell off those items, here is a great tip my lawyer told me, sell them to family members and freinds that will let you buy them back after the divorce and only sell them for a price that will give you enough for the divorce, but make sure you sell the items before you file your divorce paperwork.

Last edited:
A punch in the gut, with your emotions in a blender on high speed.

Try your best to keep a cool level head, and get a very good lawyer.

As already stated. "This to shall pass", but not as fast as you would like...

Keep the faith and trust in God.

Damn sorry to hear it.

As others noted, a lot of us have been there, though mine was more amicable.

Good luck, keep looking towards the next steps in life.

And while I am sure someone else has already told you this, given the circumstances, might be time to lawyer up.

Sorry to hear Steve, I certainly didn't have the time vested that you do, but my life is much happier now.
Best of luck.
Troy

First the repelling fall and now this. Steve, you are just having a string of awful things happen to you. Doesn't seem fair to pile this much pain on one man all at once. I really feel for you but know after you come through it all you'll be a happier and better person. I've seen too many friends have the same issue with their wives. In every case but one the marriage failed (jury still out) and the ones who wanted to make it work spent years trying to "fix" themselves only to have it fail and regret the years wasted trying to salvage it. Move on with your life, don't rush the settlement, don't give away the things you've worked for just to get it over, and don't pit the kids against her. Be strong, walk tall, maintain character, and thrive when it's over.

Eric

Good morning, Steve~

I am very sorry to hear this very sad news. I am sure your creativity and talents will help carry you through this rough patch.

All the best,

SJS

Thank you everybody for the support. I apologize for taking so long to respond, but I have been trying to just get my head on straight on move forward. 28 years is long time to just throw in the towel and move on. There's no getting around it though...we both need to move on at this point. We'll get through it in our way from here on out. And yes, it will be very difficult. Especially when I can't even bring myself to look at here anymore.

Rick...You git that right, tough is a massive understatement though

Joe...I know there's light at the end of the tunnel. I really do. I just need to find the stinking tunnel.

Clinton...I'm kind of backing off on pulling the trigger to sell off everything right now. I want to let the dust settle a bit before I do something I may regret down the road.

Bruce...I'm trying man, I'm trying...It's going to be a long road. I need to find a shortcut somewhere. She gets to move on, I can't at this point. She has no qualms about seeing this guy still and doing whatever she wants...doesn't matter to her that it's still adultery...we're still married. I won't go down that road until I'm officially divorced. However long that may take.

Vince...Great analogy there Vince. I think she has that blender on Pulse mode. It definitely won't pass as quickly as I'd like.

Carl...Thank you sir. I'm trying to look forward to the new door in front of me. I just can't seem to kick the door closed behind me yet. It's just flapping in the breeze and taunting me. I have talked to a lawyer. I'm just not sure how I want to play this yet.

Capt. Rich - I'm going to wait a bit longer to sell stuff, but I will certainly keep that suggestion in mind.

Troy...That's what a lot people are telling me that have been through this. Their lives are much happier now. I just have to hang on to that and put this all behind me.

Rich Y....Thank you sir, I will absolutely keep in touch. We have more hunting to do man. And I promise to hit the ducks when they fly by next time.

Jode...Yes sir, no shortage of rough roads in this household. She's taking all that past non-sense with her. I'm not touching that crap!

Mike...you bet! I will have more time for climbing, and fishing, and hunting, and hiking, and well you know. And hopefully I find somebody else to share all of that with that enjoys it.

Eric...It all started with a strained knee back in March...did that while climbing walls too. Then the back and now this. I will give her credit though. I was using that stupid walker for three weeks to get around. She waited until the after I quit using the walker to make this all "Official" with her new boyfriend. Literally the day after I let go of the walker is their anniversary. Don't ask how I know. Anyway, thank you for the support, both from you personally and from this site as well. It's a huge shoulder for me to lean on and I appreciate all of you. I will carry on and be a better person for it. She has her conscience to deal with if she has one.

Steve...Thank you kindly sir. It certainly is time to get creative. Creative in a way I've never had to before. I'll get through it though.

Bob...Man you aren't kidding it's been a rough couple of months. But you're absolutely right, things WILL get better. It will just take some time is all.

Brad...All indications are I'm going to lose ~ $1600 on that trip. I can't justify coming out at this point. I'm 95% sure the trip is off at this time. If anything changes I will certainly get back in touch with you. I do intend to try again next year either way. Somehow, someway.

Ron...Got your messages, I'll be in touch.

Thanks again everybody for the support and or advise. It's very much appreciated. Time to move on!

Steve

Steve - I am real sorry to hear this. You have been in my thoughts and prayers. I pray the Lord will give you peace, wisdom and discernment during this difficult time... Pat

Back