Tom Scholberg Update

Mark W

Deb posted this about an hour or so ago. Keep the thoughts and prayers coming.

Tom completed his 15 radiation treatments and tolerated them fairly well. On his three month checkup they found a couple of small new spots on his PET Scan, and that his labs showed a significant elevation in the bad cells. His diagnosis has now been change to multiple myeloma and he started chemo.therapy treatments. He has chemo. on Mon. and Thurs. with two weeks on and one week off. He has had two reactions with shaking chills, fever and some nausea. The good thing is they last about 5 hours- then he feels better. On Thursday of this week he had a fever of 102.1. He ended up being admitted to Methodist Hospital with pneumonia. Please keep him in your prayers. He is maintaining a positive attitude with some frustrating times. He enjoys your phone calls and visits. Thank you to all of you who have sent us meals, said prayers, visited,called, taken care of our dogs and done so many wonderful things. Love you all-Deb and Tom.

Mark, Thanks for posting the update here, I have been jumping hoops and trying to figure this all out. I just got home from the hospital on Sat afternoon and am trying to contact everyone. The good news (and there always is SOME) is they caught the pneumonia right away and it is under treatment. I am feeling pretty good except for hip pain the docs are saying could be the chemo. Looks like I restart chemo Tues., wish me luck. Thanks to all the good prayers and good thoughts. I will try to keep posted better.

Tom, hang tough, listen to your care team and please, please, follow the diet and self care suggestions. I've been the family care giver in this battle. Everyone around you will fight harder if you fight for yourself. Be active in your care and make certain chemo brain doesn't confuse positivity for positive action.

Good luck Tomorrow, I'm rooting for you.

Rob, What wise words, you have indeed been there. I have a notebook of quotes and "chemo brain" will go in there. All good advice and I intend to follow. I am way too young to feel this old. Shiny side up

Tom

It was great to see you posting earlier this week so Mark's posting (though appreciated as I don't do Face-page) caught me by surprise. Keep your spirits high as all of us at the DHBP are pulling for you.

Best
Chuck

Tom prayers being sent your way. I am out of town for 2 weeks but afterward young Chief has been telling me he misses his yellow friends.

Tom

Tough week for duckboats.net given yours and Steve Steffy's situation. We are there for you 100% and know many people are supporting you with prayers and will help any way feasible. Keep us posted.

Eric

Tom,

My thoughts and best wishes for a speedy recovery. Hang in there and keep fighting. Duck season is coming fast.

Brad

Hey, Tom, our thoughts and prayers are with you. Keep strong. That was a Big Stone County kid who said that!
Al

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]
Thanks Eric, this is like a second family and in some ways better.

I need $100 Tom. Now it is like family. Nice chatting the other day. Keep strong.

Mark
[/font]
More like; Can you spare $6000.00 to cover my credit card debt? I seem to be a little short and haven't made any payments for 8 months. NOW it is like family.

Or as has happened, "Can we stay at your place for a few days and eat all your food that you will fix for us and then watch the kids while we go shopping" Now that is family. Otherwise you guys hit it on the nose.

Back