New Pup!

zane Every

Daisy turned nine this June so I decided it was time to bring on a new pup. This is our new little girl Barley. What a little spitfire!
Thanks Capt. Jack Passie and John Passie!

Barley is a Chesapeake Bay Retriever :) It was a tough decision to try a new breed. I had a lab years ago and miss her dearly. She was sweet heart and a hard working dog. For the past nine years I've been in love with my American Water Spaniel Daisy. She's just starting to slow down so thought it best to start up a new pup. I wish I hadn't waited so long. I'll be looking for another AWS in a couple of years.

Nice looking pup and that looks is how I ended up with 3 Chessies in the house. If I hadn't leased my old girl to the breeder my wife would have kept the all

Haha....thanks Dave :) She is still a wee lassie, but defiantly has a mind of her own. It will be fun to see how she progresses as she grows. Seems to be a quick learner and thinks shes a lap dog. The kids love her.

Great looking pup! My current dog is the first female I've owned, I don't think I'll ever go back to a male again! Love Chessies too, they can be a challenge but you won't find a harder working waterfowl dog.

Last edited:
A duck hunter buddy of mine up on Long Island has one of John Passie's dogs. Windy hunted her first season last year, being a pup still, she was just full of energy and enthusiasm, I love all dogs, but Chessies have a special place in my heart, I guess thats why I have four of them!, Rich. Cute little thing, by the way.

Last edited:
Back