Pleasure/Ski boat

The Gannet 25 looks like a fun boat. I like the clean simplicity of it. Tolman skiffs are rugged looking boats. You could do some neat things with a hull like that and finish it any way you like.

Okay, WTH, so Sarah is a WIFE?

Not buying it.

As for "I have voices in my head that convince me of cool things to do...", I could totally name one Sarah!

....so what I'm learning is, this Devlin character is a bit bigger than sneak boxes.....

Your project has me geeking out. Watched a Devlin video last night, building the Polywog. The boat he has for his cover photo on website was built for a guy up in MN on Lake Vermillion. Wowzers, nice looking ride. Laughing at my own incompetence regarding boat length to weight, falling in the "assume" trap. Tolman design with pilot and berth weighs less than a 21' Sea Ray I've been eyeing for the family.... now you drop that sharp looking flats skiff..... that looks like a rocket.

Growing up fishing Northern Minnesota, the only thing I knew about boat building was the word "Lund"... wish I would have been clued into this whole scene 20 years ago, but likely wouldn't have known what to do with it then... but I guess that's why God gives us tomorrows.

I look forward to seeing the direction you take..... and congrats on the Sarah, guessing mine won't get in anything I build :)

As for a direction.... I am not sure if this is a passing whim, or something I will do. I have yet to fall in love with a design... and I LOATH the thought (i.e. cost) to power it.

As to getting in anything that I build...
I was quite nervous the first year on my Honker. We were layout hunting on Michigan, and it was a bit ...sporty... a few times. I could not quite wrap my head around the fact that the plywood was being held together by mixing 2 liquids and saw dust together... and throw in some cloth fiber for good measure. Boat building isn't hard... the time and effort comes when you go to fair and finish it like a store bought boat.

Phil,
That Korean build is spectacular. Wow! Very interested to see what catches your fancy. Love watching your builds.
Paul

Yeah... BUT.. God... I am a bit afraid of the potential problems with the 40 year old wood. They do say, that the wood needs some TLC
Phil,
ALL 40 year old and older wood needs some TLC,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and that's all I'm going to say on the subject.

Back