Dog Treats,,,,,,,, what do you give your dog(s)?

Huntindave McCann

Sponsor
My Ginger loves or should I say loved her dog treat every night when going to her outdoor kennel. Trouble is, the treat I was giving her seems to no longer be available. She really like the barbecue flavor but now is less than enthused about it's peanut butter replacement.

So what do you guys give your dog? Looking for a cheap treat, not necessarily needing it to be nutritious, just yummy. :>)

My dogs are spoiled. And so is B when she comes to visit.

The boys will get baby carrots, watermelon, green beans, okra butts (the stem part of the okra), ice cubes and milk bones. They looooooove milk bones. I usually buy the minis box. I also keep some of the purina busy bones around. Some of the chewy kind of busy bones and some of the rollhide kinds of busy bones. They don't normally get the busy bones every day but they do get milk bones every day. Kenz was a hard dog to find treats for and once I found that he would eat the milk bone treats, I pretty much stuck with that. They're cheap and the boys and B love them.

Thanks,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I think.

Baby carrots huh? I must be living under a rock, who would have thunk the number one answer would be baby carrots. I'll let you know Ginger's answer. :>) :>)

My dog eats just about every vegetable we do except cabbage, she leaves those for the chickens..

You're living On a Shell Rock, Dave. All those carrots provide the eye quality to realize that much.

(Couldn't resist.)

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]
You're living On a Shell Rock, Dave. All those carrots provide the eye quality to realize that much.

(Couldn't resist.)

Matt,
I may be more "under it" than "on it".
[/font]

Being a ten and two coffee break guy my boys are always begging for treats so my wife supplies us with homemade peanut butter cookies made with a little less sugar. Works for us. At least we know what is in these treats.

It would be easier to list what my dog doesn't get. ;)
He use to get frozen blueberries for a morning treat and loved them. For normal treats Deuce likes Snaps and about any type of good jerky treat. I'm sure snaps are full of bad stuff but he likes them and I eat some junk food myself.

Tim

My dog loves nearly all fruits and vegetables. I do save goose and duck feet, dry them, and give him those throughout the year. He loves them.

Geez,
You guys must be a bunch of tree hugging vegetarians. Don't get me wrong, I like veggies too, but as a treat? If I want a treat give me a piece of bacon, or a blueberry pie, or a strip of jerky,,,,,,,,,,,, anything but a baby carrot.
Haven't tried the carrots with Ginger yet but I might be a bit skeptical at this point. :>) :>) I do know she likes bbq rib bones and fish trimmings, loves fish trimmings.

Geez,
You guys must be a bunch of tree hugging vegetarians. Don't get me wrong, I like veggies too, but as a treat? If I want a treat give me a piece of bacon, or a blueberry pie, or a strip of jerky,,,,,,,,,,,, anything but a baby carrot.
Haven't tried the carrots with Ginger yet but I might be a bit skeptical at this point. :>) :>) I do know she likes bbq rib bones and fish trimmings, loves fish trimmings.

I have a friend with a lab that loves baby carrots and will do anything for them. Never tried them with my dogs as I don't want them to associate my food with them. We have a firm rule... dogs don't eat people food.

Baby carrots aren't people food in my house, but they make great dog treats -- good for my pup's teeth, guys, and no additives or salt etc. that I try to keep out of her diet. She does, however, get jerky a lot.

Back