Tom Scholberg Update 7-25-17

Mark W

Posted on Tom's Caring Bridge site by his about a day ago

"Tom has been in Methodist Hospital two times since our last entry. He developed high fevers and low blood pressure- both are very concerning. His Dr. thinks he might be reacting to one of his chemo. meds. We are going to start a chemo. medication change starting today. The hospital stays and reactions have him feeling very tired and he has lost over 10 pounds. We continue to plan for a stem cell transplant the first part of Sept. The Drs. are happy with his blood counts- we are very happy about that. Thanks so much for the phone calls and support. You all keep us going."

I spoke with Tom a couple weeks back or a little more and he sounded and behaved like the Tom We all know. He is very upbeat and positive about how soon this will be behind him so he can get back to the important fun stuff like dogs, boats, hunting, RV'ing etc.....

I know phone calls and notes are greatly appreciated so keep them coming. If you need Tom's email or cell number PM me and I'll get it to you.

Mark

Last edited:
Mark, Thanks for passing this along. I am in the process of dialing in my chemo and setting up my visit to Mayo.

Thanks for posting this Mark. I talk to Tom every couple of weeks when I feel that either he or I need to touch base and the one thing that always impresses me is his great attitude. Can't wait for out first trip after this is all over.

Back