Layout boats

Owned a MLB Classic and a SuperMag. Liked the Supermag much better. Have hunted out of a couple of others and the one I liked the best was Jim Schmiedlin's personal layout that I believe may have been based on a John Kalash design but not positive.

We use a Bankes pumpkin seed, homemade fiberglass and a 10' all wood BBSB. Just added a 10' Duck Boss that will probably see some layout use as well. The pumpkin seed and BBSB are the only ones I would use on big water.

The Whistler & Kid Brother that we manufacture...of course. ;)
Website is hacked again but I have our catalog hosted on another site I manage for our Radio Control Model Airplane Club (www.rccd.org)
Catalog:
http://www.rccd.org/Documents/2017_documents/LSB-CAT-1707.pdf

I like on old 18 foot scull boat made in the 70's by Pete Witham. It has 2 seating areas one behind the other. It is made of fiberglass. It hides very well. Also have a couple of converted Sunfish that I use. I tow the on a long line, at a pretty good speed. Unfortunately we haven't had broadbill lately, and goldeneye have been scarce also. Lately I've been hunting from shore with my Lab! Sandy Allen

Likewise, we've done a lot of layout shooting with our Brant II. Used it for layout shooting as well as tendering in a layout situation.

Lou:

When you Lay Out shoot from your 2 man scull, where do you attach the anchor? On the bow eye or at the stern somewhere. It is a lot more comfortable lay down, using the provided back rests, but I worry that anchoring at the stern is not a safe practice.

Jerry

Back