Input Sought On Modifications To duckboats.net (Updated with info from our ISP)

Eric,

Get the upgrades done! I just made use of the "Support Duckboats.net" link at the top of the page. Sure made it easy ;^)

You scared the dickens out of me, thinking of the two of us hanging out with Dave, Carl & Todd.

Best,
Scott

And rightly so.

I agree with most ,probably all,of the positive comments about this website. I'll certainly do my share to help with the . Can you give us a figure for yearly maintenance as well as for needed upgrades--I realize the upgrades and their cost is currently in a state of flux. For now a suggested figure for part number one and an address to send a check to would be helpful. Sandy

Eric,
I'm late to this conversation, but I'm in full support of anything that would make posting an image easy. Hopefully, as easy as adding an attachment to an email :) I know if it was easier I'd post more. The collective information the members contribute to this site is in my opinion invaluable and I agree it seems more like a duck club than a forum. Having said that I used the Support duckboats.net option on the top bar of the screen and sent a donation. Looking forward to the new upgrade.

Best,
Zane

JUst sent my contribution using support/ duckboats at the top of the page. Time to stop talking and show your support with your wallet.

The response has been tremendous. We have raised about half the money via Paypal donations (Support duckboats.net link at the top of the page if you are logged in) thus far. If you don't use Paypal you can mail payment to 109 Featherstone Lane, Owens Cross Roads, AL 35763. As soon as we have the $1500 I will request our ISP make the improvements.

Thank you all for the support.

Eric Patterson

I'm due to kick in a $100.00 Which I'm good with. I want to be able to post pics of our new greyhound. I'm a bit tec. challenged. Making it easier is good.

Tom

Eric,
Donation applied through PayPal. Thank you for all you do.
I'll enjoy the simplicity and may post more pictures now.
Bruce

Speaking for myself, I know that I periodically need some sort of reminder to donate to this site. So I will do that now. As far as upgrading photo loading capabilities.....I will defer to those who know more about this stuff than me. I know that in the past I have wanted to post pics but it was sort of a PITA and I gave up. Thanks again Eric, for making this forum available to us!

Chris, was the trigger fish inshore or offshore? My son-in-law caught his first one offshore from the block Saturday. Very tasty.

Eric,
I have sent in a $100 toward the cost of upgrading the site. Thank you for your continued dedication to our duck club.

:)

Larry Eckart

Eric when do you want to start a raffle? It sounds like enough people said they would donate something. Should we start a separate post for the stuff kind of like the traveling decoy?

I am blown away by the response. We have now raised the needed funds. I will contact Gossamer on Monday and let them know to perform the upgrades. Thanks to everyone and you guys/gals can look forward to the enhanced capability.

The fine folks at Gossamer have completed the software modifications and the plans are to roll it out mid-day Monday. If the site goes down Monday don't worry as it is part of the upgrade process. I think everyone will be pleased with the way pictures are automatically resized and inserted into posts. Although this forum isn't "mobile friendly" uploading pictures from mobile devices is not only possible but fairly straightforward. There will be some other small changes to the site as well but I think everyone will get used to them in time.

More to come...

Eric

Last edited:
If the site goes down Monday don't worry as it is part of the upgrade process.

Eric

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

just blame it on the eclipse
food-smiley-004.gif

Back