Duckboats.net
Skip to Content

Home : Main Forums : Duck Boat/Hunting Forum :

Been a while since I've posted, couple of builds.

(Page 2 of 2)
Quote Reply
Re: Been a while since I've posted, couple of builds. In reply to
Well she's done minus putting the name on the side and the aluminum bracket and grab rail assembly I'm waiting on from the fabricator.

Used a cooler seat for the running seat. Worked out well, as it snaps on and provides easy enough access to the hatch below it.

Used stadium seats for the passenger seats.

Used a T nut on each side of the front of the bench seat to lock the stadium seats in. When not in use I can put a 3/8" bolt in the T nut to keep water from entering the compartment.

Love the Max It Out LED stern light, virtually indestructible! GPS mount on the side of the coaming.

Put the fire extinguisher in on the side of spotlight box. I installed two D rings on the coaming. This one has a quick connect short lead dog leash attached to the D ring to keep the pooch in one location if need be.

Capacity plate on!

Painted the upper half of the control panel, didn't like how it looked as all black bed liner.

Finally the best part of it all...it and the scull fit in the garage along with the mandatory item...my wife's car!

Brad
Quote Reply
Wow, that is quite a set up.

I particularly like she deek shelving.

You going to run a pump or a prop?

Don't just do something, Stand there!
Quote Reply

In Reply To
Wow, that is quite a set up.

I particularly like she deek shelving.

You going to run a pump or a prop?

Thank you Todd. Going to run a surface drive.

Brad
Quote Reply
Your graphite epoxy mix likely gives you equivalent abrasion resistance without the hassles associated with wetting-out Dynel and not having it float on the underlying surface.
Quote Reply
Brad,

Do you mean a Mud Buddy type of motor?

Those things can get you into the deep stuff.

I knew a guy up on the Lower Columbia and he specialized in hunting the sloughs and spots that nobody else could get to. He had a mudbuddy I think it was @ 37hp.

We called him "the salad shooter" Because everyplace he went through looked like somebody had thrown tossed salad around.

That boat could go places that nobody else would even consider.

Man, it was LOUD!

Don't just do something, Stand there!
Quote Reply

In Reply To
Your graphite epoxy mix likely gives you equivalent abrasion resistance without the hassles associated with wetting-out Dynel and not having it float on the underlying surface.

It's definitely a tough combination, in 10 years I never did any damage to the bottom other than a few little surface scrapes.

The only experience I've had with Dynel is using it as imitation canvas on the scull I restored.

Brad
Quote Reply

In Reply To
Brad,

Do you mean a Mud Buddy type of motor?

Those things can get you into the deep stuff.

I knew a guy up on the Lower Columbia and he specialized in hunting the sloughs and spots that nobody else could get to. He had a mudbuddy I think it was @ 37hp.

We called him "the salad shooter" Because everyplace he went through looked like somebody had thrown tossed salad around.

That boat could go places that nobody else would even consider.

Man, it was LOUD!

You are correct. While still louder than an outboard, I've been running the Q muffler on my old motor/boat combo. It gives the performance gains but keeps the decibels at a much more tolerable level. Here's a pic of the old motor/boat, the new motor will look pretty much the same.

Brad
Quote Reply
Well, she's done sans motor!

Couple of pics of the lighting at night. Real happy with the lighting.

Name on!

Removable grab bar.

Aluminum transom bracket on. Still need to silicone around the edges.

The guy who does my brackets has a plasma table and scribed the logo in the bracket.

Finally, it's official she has numbers and is registered!

I took her to get weighed today. She came in at 920 pounds where the original weighed 660 lbs. Of course it's a foot and a half longer, quite wider and 5" deeper. Slightly more than I was guessing but still manageable. Of course the winch/amp/subwoofer are probably at least 50 lbs together. As soon as I get a motor on, I'll be sure to post some pictures and video!

Brad
Quote Reply
Got the motor on the other week. Ran 29 with myself and Cole. Similar speeds to the original NFZ but a heavier boat so I'm happy.

Quick paint job this morning. Wife is away on a girl's weekend so Cole and I are going to take a little ride in the am to look for ducks.

Brad
Quote Reply
Hi Brad. was wondering if you could write up how you paint your camp on your boats?