New Rig setup Questions Recommendations

andrew chaffe

I picked up a Gator Trax 12 x 36 marsh boat, I plan to change a couple of things with it before the season.

The trailer currently has 6' of tongue in front of the bow, I already ordered a folding tongue kit as I had to unbolt it for now just to fit it in the garage. how ling is too long? The longer tongue sure will make my life a little easier at the launch been I only have a small car.

The boat itself had a 9hp longtail, I jam going to be using my short tail, however the longtail was mounted with a right angle bracket that was bolted to the transom, I think originally there was a inset transom mount that was cut off. It has a small enclosed rear deck, so to mount my motor I either need to cut a hole in the rear deck to be able to clamp on the transom or use a small jack plate or make a new motor bracket that can be mounted as the longtail was.

Lastly the blind setup is currently to high, uses 4 hoop frames that drop into tubes welded into the hull, to hang grass on. I hate dealing with the mess of grass and the bulk of it. I have used a home built blind that folds down to the front and the rear with 2 different types of camo fabric that is much lighter weight and much easier to deal with.

Thanks

Back