boat blind

pmarley1

hey yall i have a lil problem i have a 14ft johnboat and i have built a blind outa pvc . its a fold down type but the way i had planed of connecting the pcv to the boat thats not perminate wont work.. and advise would rele help!! thanks

Phil,

I have a pvc blind on my 1648 jon boat that sounds similar to what you are trying to do. My blind is self supporting and doesn't require any tying down or anything. The way that I attach it to my boat is having a pvc "cap" to slide my blind support into. by using a 2" hole saw I drilled a hole out of the seat and inserted the cap and then screwed in down into the seat. From here all i do is slide my blind into these caps (6 total- 3 on each side)

Unfortunately i don't have any pics to show you, but if you have the blind frame already made then go to home depot/lowes and look in the pvc pipe section for a connector that has a four sided top on it, with a section of pipe going down below it. Match it with the size of your pipe and when you insert it on to your seat the top 4 sided edge should lay flush against the seat. My whole blind i think cost me $85 to make (with blind material)

The blind works great and comes off and on easily, when i get some pics in the next few days i could send them your way if that would help. I hope this helps.

Paul

Here are a couple of blinds we have used over the years. I currently use fastgrass on a support line.
First two diagrams kinda go together:
CerexPVCBlind.jpg
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Blind3Cerex2.jpg
Here is a picture of it in action:
CB2GtIslSide.jpg
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Mu buddy used this one for years with old military netting, uses bimini hardware and conduit:
Blind2Scisor.jpg

______________________________________________________________________________________
THis is my current system, patterned after a system Eric had posted here years ago, maybe he could repost his design??
I have my two side panels connected and permanently hung. When I get ready to travel, they get bungeed around the center post. Works great. In all these, I use fastrass to cover the back of the boat and pieces of cerex for top cover.
FastGrassBlind.jpg

______________________________________________________________________________________

Last edited:
Back