Duckboats.net
Skip to Content

Home : Main Forums : Duck Boat/Hunting Forum :

PLEASE READ - Lee Harker Legacy Fund

(Page 2 of 2)
Quote Reply
Re: PLEASE READ - Lee Harker Legacy Fund In reply to
First of all, Kudos to all the guys who have stepped up to do something for / with Blake since Lee's passing. I know that Duane & Pete have been especially gracious in taking care of the lad.

Keep looking at this sticky when I open the page each day. Can't help but notice that there hasn't been any action since last fall.

Long time ago when I was fooling with making some calls, Lee gave me a log at an MLB get together. We never did figure out what type of wood it was, or maybe we did but I've forgotten. Anyway I labeled a bunch of the blocks "Harkerwood."

Came across them while cleaning up in the shop......well, actually I knocked the box they were in off a shelf while I was moving other stuff out of my way ;-)

Since I recently added some callmaking tooling (Hey, it's not like I don't have time to fool with all this stuff!) I decided to do a call out of Lee's wood and put it on here to raise some funds for Bridget to use for Blake's equipment. Nice sounding double reed insert. Will contact Pete or Eric to see how they want to handle it. Proceeds will go to Blake.

MLBob

"Art is like an ill-trained Labrador retriever that drags you out into traffic." (Annie Dillard)

....Here's to Joe Wooster, who made me realize that the useful could and should be beautiful; and who firmly believed that decoy carvers were the last free men in America.

https://www.facebook.com/KOOIdecoy?ref=hl

Quote Reply
Bob

Thanks so much...that is a fine looking call. I know there are some other items still to be auctioned off, I'll look into gettng some of these auctions going in the near future.

Best
Chuck

"A little learning is a dangerous thing;
drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring:
there shallow draughts intoxicate the brain,
and drinking largely sobers us again."

A. Pope
Quote Reply
Three years today guys. Still miss him.
Now.........Let's go huntin'....
Quote Reply
For those of you wondering, Pat has some of the rig decoys left from the MLB hunt and I have a couple other surprises to add to them and there will be a raffle starting soon.

Best
Chuck

"A little learning is a dangerous thing;
drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring:
there shallow draughts intoxicate the brain,
and drinking largely sobers us again."

A. Pope
Quote Reply
Won't have too much time to post on saturday, but it is 4 years...wow, where did the time go.
Quote Reply
5 years. Blake must be about 15 now.
Quote Reply
5 years but not forgotten.

Pete

MOLON LABE [mo 'lon la 've]

Technology has it's place, hunting isn't it.

Life's a blink, never have to say ....... "I should have"!

"That human optimism & goodness that we put our faith in, is in no more danger than the stars in the jaws of the clouds." .................Victor Hugo
Quote Reply

In Reply To
5 years but not forgotten.

No, not forgotten.
Quote Reply
Never met the guy face to face but feels like a brother, absolutly an unforgettable guy
"There is nothing- absolutly nothing half as much worth doing as messing about in boats or with boats. In or out of 'em, doesn't matter." Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Graham

Shiny side up,
Wicker T, Booker T & Charlie Brown
Quote Reply
I float one of Lee's teal decoys every opening day in remembrance! What a guy!
Quote Reply
Should this be fired up again?
Quote Reply
Why not. I never met him personally, but enjoy the chat regarding him.
Can't think of biscuits n gravy without thinking of the chatter.
When asked what the most important game he ever won was, Feller replied, “World War II.” Bob Feller.
Quote Reply
You betcha - let's make a plan for next year - would be a gas - email me Dirty!!!!
Quote Reply
Wow, I missed an entire year.....this March was 7 years....hope he and Ky Kraus are having fun again!
Quote Reply
checking in to see if this is still ongoing? Workshop is a mess, but could send a cheque...to what address?
Tom
Quote Reply
read this thread and know there is a bunch of good guys on this site. I'm new, and i did not know lee, but would like to help if needed. Blake is what 18 years old? how's he doing? does he need anything? is there any need or interest in keeping this support line open for him? i'm happy to help.
Thank you,

Troy Brown
"Live Free or Die"
Quote Reply
The Lee Harker Memorial Fund came to a close today. When we started the fund it was agreed we'd maintain it until Blake was 18. I sent him the balance of the account ($1246) for him to use towards his interest in hunting. Thanks to all the people who donated to Blake's cause and to those that got him out hunting. I think it was important to him and Lee.

Eric Patterson
Quote Reply
Thanks for the update< Eric. hard to believe Blake is 18.

MLBob

"Art is like an ill-trained Labrador retriever that drags you out into traffic." (Annie Dillard)

....Here's to Joe Wooster, who made me realize that the useful could and should be beautiful; and who firmly believed that decoy carvers were the last free men in America.

https://www.facebook.com/KOOIdecoy?ref=hl