AA Broadbill pictures of boat as it sits now.

zane Every

I recently purchased a used and in need of restoration AA Broadbill. It appears to have three sides of a blind, but no supports.

Could Broadbill owners please post up some pictures of their Broadbills with blinds and naked blind frames? I'd like to figure out how these things go on so I can possibly make a frame.

Thanks,

Zane Every

Last edited:
Here are a few pictures of the Broadbill as it sits now. The wood in the transom is completely gone...removed by the previous owner and the deck has been unscrewed so it can be worked on. If I cannot find a blind I may go with some type of dodger.

DSC01728.jpg

DSC01727.jpg

AABroadbill1.jpg

Zane,
Patience, I will try to find some pics for you but it is tooo late tonight for my brain to work. I'll try to find some tomorrow. I built a Broadbill in 2000 and have been very happy with it but now it is getting to need some TLC and probably will replace it with a BB3. You can see pics of it here on the specs page.

Zane,

Hi. I do not have an AA Broadbill, but I have built a Devlin Broadbill and a BB2. I hunt both low blind, but put differnt style dodgers on them. The dodger frames are aluminum tubing with bimini hardware, and the dodger is sewn from Cordora 1000. Nice looking boat you have there. Good luck with your project!

For the BB2, the bows are 2 piece and fold down into the cockpit. Hunts 2.

snaps.jpg

red0003.jpg

reda0001.jpg

DSCN1293.jpg

For the Broadbill, the bow is 1 piece. The bow folds into the cockpit, but, the acual dodger goes out onto the deck . I made both a grey and camo dodger, and made the cockpit cover reversilbe.

DSCN1740.jpg

DSCN742.jpg

DSCN748.jpg

DSCN749.jpg

DSCN1504.jpg

1st stab at a cover for the Broadbill. It is from pvc pipe, plastic fencing, and fastgrass. Works, but is a little cumbersome.

DSCN0085.jpg

Tom,

Nice looking boat. How long ago did you build her? Did you use the kit from ClarkCraft or scratch build her?

Would love to see some more pictures of her....what size motor are you using?

Zane

Bill,

Very cool! You boat blends right in! Looks great.

What is the aluminum channel and where did you purchase it? Is the fabric of the dodger tucked under the channeling or into it?

Nice job...one of these days I need to buy a heavy duty sewing machine.

Zane

Zane, I built her from scratch in 2000 with a few mods. the best was the curved coaming in my HOpinion. I run a 25 Evinrude and it is plenty of power. I ran a 35 for a legendary short time- about 100 yards and then went back to the 25 since I couldn't find the 35 on the lake bottom. If you PM me I will send you a CD w/ all the pics of the build (more than you want probably). The plans came from Clark Craft. My bigggest complaint about the boat is that it is really hard to get drained dry with the frames in the way.

Zane,

Thanks. The channel is 1 inch "awning rail". I'm told you can get it at RV stores, but I mail ordered from an on-line store (can not remember the name, but they had good prices). They also sold aluminum tubing, the binini hardware, and many other cool types of hardware. I sewed the fabric back onto itself, about 1 inch back from the edge, and ran a piece of rope through it so the edge of the dodger could not pull out of the channel. They sold something call awning rail welp that could be sewn on directly, but I liked the idea of being able to tie the ropes off to the strap eye.

The cordura 1000 was ok to sew with a regular maching, although a did break a good number of 16 and 18 gauge needles. The machine is mine, not my wifes, so I do not have to worry about ramifications if I push the maching too hard ;)

-Bill

I used to own a broadbill and honestly I never used a blind. Some natural vegetation and some bungie cords was about it. The previous owner of my broadbill was using an avery quickset which worked well for him.

Back