old and new

Paul "Pablo" Britton

I waited almost a month to post this.
Our old dog Rose, died. She was my first Lab and my first hunting dog. We learned a lot abut dog training, duck hunting and each other over the last 15 1/2 years.
DSCF0128.jpg
(2007)
I was on a 3-day trip when she had a seziure. My wife and kids took her to the vet on Friday afternoon. She died that Sunday morning.
I was in Albany, NY.
We had a dog funeral on the following Monday evening.
Angel, our 6 year old lab seems to miss her as much as I do.

DSCF0132.jpg
(2007)
Two weeks ago, my wife and 10 yr old daughter conspired and bought a puppy.
They are now the happy owners of a brown standard poodle, which by default makes me a poodle owner too.
My daughter is going on her first duck hunting trip, with her shotgun this season.
She wants to train her own dog and in the process I think they'll learn a lot about dog training, duck hunting and each other.

Paul Im sorry to hear of the death of Rose and I feel for you Buddy, she seems to have lived to a ripe old age, the trouble is they are not with us long enough and it is heart breaking when they go.
take care
Eddie.

Paul,

Sorry to hear of your loss, we lost our 14 year old lab earlier this year. They are terrific friends and will always be missed. It's tough, but your new pup will bring lots of life to your home. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

John

Paul
After having several german short hairs until their life cycle ended I had to give in when my wife wanted a stand poodle. Their history is hunting so I thought "why not". Driving her in a vw with a folding roof so her head could stick out I took her pheasant hunting. The first shot and she was back to the vw. My wife had her clipped at the Janesvill airport--just off the premises. I was still flying for the CAP so I decided to fly her over to get clipped. I put her in the right seat (she was a big dog) and as I was turning down wind the tower asked if I would give way to a faster aircraft which I did of course. As the faster aircraft came along side the pilot waved and then had the most shocked look on his face. I wonder if still to this day he thought a french poodle was flying that plane. Enjoy your dogs.
wis boz

Sorry for the loss of a family member Paul.Cherish the memories,they bring the smiles that dry the tears.

Back