Devlin Black Brant 3 build - motor suggestions

Nice job Jason. Looks like you've got a nice big shop too. I didn't realize you were this far along already. Won't be long now.

Thanks Pete,
I own a small consulting/design firm and this is the basement of my office. It's worked out well but I should have taken more time to clean more junk out of my way. The only problem is that it's not heated well and I was fighting cold weather during the priming work. Also, that 545 is brutal. I have a surveyor that rents an office. I had to prime on a Friday at the end of the day an get enough the 3 coats I wanted on it done over the weekend so that the the office could air out Before Monday. With it 40 outside I couldn't open the overhead door. I ran an IR heater that holds it about 60 pretty well.

Not familiar with 545 but have used other 2 part epoxy primer and agree, it's nasty stuff. 60 degrees should work OK.

Thanks Carl,
I feel like I have a long way to go. But it's therapy. When I get back from vacation I really have to strengthen up my jig. I should have spent more time on that. I have to work on the electrical layout and diagram, build floor structure and floor, etc. but this is fun work.

Anybody have pics on the cut off you had to do to the corners of the motor well? Thinking of building this boat and wondering if I should just plan it into the build.

Anybody have pics on the cut off you had to do to the corners of the motor well? Thinking of building this boat and wondering if I should just plan it into the build.
I can take a pic of mine in a day or so. You basically just trim the corners for clearance is shallow drive

Here is one example. Corner has been trimmed but needs fiberglassing to reseal the hull.
20180627_092830.jpg

Back