Need help with identification of hull

499lbs
2HP

Should be a hidden HIN number below the front or rear of the cockpit on the underside of the deck.
Thank you very much! I will check for it. I'll have to beef up the transom as I was hoping to run a 6.5hp longtail on it, not for speed but to be able to have the torque to push through heavy vegetation.

Thanks again!

Thank you very much! I will check for it. I'll have to beef up the transom as I was hoping to run a 6.5hp longtail on it, not for speed but to be able to have the torque to push through heavy vegetation.

Thanks again!
I don't know about the 6.5 hp motor. Maybe Ed can chime in here as well as I think he has owned every duckboat ever produced.

I have a Hoefgen Duckboat (double ended marsh boat that weighs 65 lbs). A few years back I was home building mud motors out of small Chinese motors (1-1.5 hp). These motors would get that boat up to about 6.5-7 mph but did not have a ton of umph to power through heavy vegetation. Those small hp motors would push the boat a hull speed. To go any faster would have required much more hp and therefore weight on the back. That 6.5 hp longtail will weigh close to 80 lbs. The motors I built weighed in less than 20 lbs and it out the back end of my boat almost underwater.

Just pointing it out, nothing more. Hope it works out for you.

Mark w

Thanks again!
Shouldn’t have to beef up the transom. That’s the CG rating that goes off their guidelines. We have had 1 transom issue and that person backed it through their garage wall. Send me a text and I will reach out to you Monday. 816-694-4955

Back