A lot of Frequent Flyer Miles

Craig F

Harvested this double banded brant this weekend, I normally give brant a pass while puddle duck hunting but I could see the gleam of the stainless band as this one put his landing gear down...

I know they did the studies a few years back by double banding brant with one aluminum and one stainless band as I've shot a few in the past. I figured this one must have done a few trips south as the aluminum band was pretty worn.

Species: Atlantic Brant
Date banded: 07/25/2008
Banding Location: PRAIRIE POINT, NUNAVUT, CANADA
Sex: MALE

So by my count this bird has done around 10 round trips down to NJ and I was about 1700 miles from where it was banded, quite a few frequent flyer miles!

View attachment IMG_0136.JPG

View attachment IMG_0137.jpg

Congrats Craig. I never get tired of seeing your posts. They're like a fine wine, they get better and better every year. Great job !!

Wow, I'm salivating. I haven't been able to hunt the last few seasons because of a horrific injury that I suffered requiring 4 major surgeries on my back, neck, and shoulder. I have hardware everywhere unfortunately but, I look forward to the day that I get back in the saddle. Good luck the rest of the season. Please keep the pics and videos forthcoming for guys like myself who are out of commission. That's how we keep the faith. Thanks

Great post and pictures Craig, i wouldn't want to live in N.J. but i do envy your waterfowling opportunities.
Congrats on a good season.

Haha yeah NJ leaves a little to be desired, but living a half mile from Barnegat Bay isn't too bad. The public waterfowl habitat I have within an hour drive from my house in all directions can be world class.

I hear ya. That's not to mention the fishing,clamming and boating availability , there are times such as this morning when i read your post that i miss the north shore where i was raised.

Again thanks for the ride along keep up the good work.

I think Steve Sanford has the right idea, he is in the country but within striking distance of what i hold dear.

RLLigman said:
Congratulations, Craig!

What spread set-up are you able to deploy via your sneakbox?

I strictly puddle duck hunt so no big diver rigs for me. I bring anywhere from 10-16 decoys depending on where I'm gunning. I can carry a lot more, but that's usually what I roll with. Two 8 slot bags.

Back