Carving Day in Missouri April 27th

Tom Modin

Eubanks has his days in NC, Rutgers in Mich and others in carving areas have carving days in their areas. Nobody in this part of the carving desert has a day or get together so I am.

Just North of KC, Mo on I35 easy to access from I29 also and not too north of I70.

If you are interested in carving a bird come on by and join us. I will have some pork shoulders on the smoker and will be having a good time in the garage making dust. If you have never carved and want to try come by I will provide a knife and a head cutout and get you started.

If you want to come let me know I will provide directions and an address via PM

Eubanks has his days in NC, Rutgers in Mich and others in carving areas have carving days in their areas. Nobody in this part of the carving desert has a day or get together so I am.

Just North of KC, Mo on I35 easy to access from I29 also and not too north of I70.

If you are interested in carving a bird come on by and join us. I will have some pork shoulders on the smoker and will be having a good time in the garage making dust. If you have never carved and want to try come by I will provide a knife and a head cutout and get you started.

If you want to come let me know I will provide directions and an address via PM

Boy, do I wish that I lived closer, Tom. That sounds like fun and I would enjoy taking the pictures of the group with all that sawdust flying around.
Al

Al it would be a Hell of a drive for you to see a bunch of rednecks whittling! not sure if you would want to break your camera taking photos of it!

Tom,

I may try to make the trip. I'll do some checking and see if it will work out for me. It would be about a six hour drive so I need to see if I can work out driving down the evening before and getting a room for the night.

Just a reminder this is a go, even better the wife is working that day.

I get up early and stay up late especially when carving so time start and time ended is not an issue.

i wish i was closer, carving with people is fun and very interesting. every wednesday i go with Pete to his buddies carving sessions. Watching others peoples techniques and styles is very helpful. plus its always good to bullshit with other duck hunters

Tom,

Since you first made the invite I've been working on the wife about this but alass plans have been made. You see her birthday is the 28th of April. We're going to be just south and east of Joplin on Memorial Day weekend visiting her folks. So my plan was lets do her birthday with the folks and I'd slip out for a while and learn to carve but she saw it right away. Sure would like to come but two road trips that close together isn't possible.

Ed,

Just get up real early Saturday morning. If Vickie asks anything, tell her you're going out to get the newspaper. She doesn't have to know the newspaper in question is the Kansa City Tribune. :>) :>)

Ed,

Just get up real early Saturday morning. If Vickie asks anything, tell her you're going out to get the newspaper. She doesn't have to know the newspaper in question is the Kansa City Tribune. :>) :>)

LOL...yeah...I'll make sure before I leave to place some comfy pillows and my sleeping bag in the kennel for my return! I'll be rooming with Lucy! Although, there is a BBQ place in KC she likes called Oklahoma Joe's.

LOL...yeah...I'll make sure before I leave to place some comfy pillows and my sleeping bag in the kennel for my return!

Ed,

Who wears the pants at your house? Oh wait, you already answered that. ;>)

Ed any time you are through this way at a leisurely pace let me know. I have odd days off and always need an excuse to carve more

Ed any time you are through this way at a leisurely pace let me know. I have odd days off and always need an excuse to carve more

Tom,

Sounds good. We come down a few times a year to visit. We hit either, Truman, Table Rock or Beaver Lake for fishing trips. As a mater of fact she has a class reunion sometime this year that'll put us down there for a few days. Not sure of the dates though.

When you are on Truman always keep a lookout for an off white deepV Fisher with blue Bimini and a merc hanging on it. On the back I have troll or die on one side and Valhalla on the other. Pull on up and be friendly, we will be hybrid trolling, drifting for blues or long poling for crappie

got lunch started for tomorrow

85089C07_zps5eb20b13.jpg
[/URL]

I can darn near smell those delicious aromas over here. Looks great, Tom. I hope you take lots of pictures tomorrow. I'll look forward to the post. Good luck!
Al

Back