Christnmas goose !

Dick Sargeant

Made my first serious trip today in the TDB and was surprised that it would float in very little water.........maybe less than my BBSB with no keel on the TDB. Got a good chance to see how it would hide on a rising tide and I was able to pull ducks into shooting range until the last 1-2 hours of high.......will be adding more camo this week.
As luck would have it, a decent flock of canadas flew right over me and I was able to get a nice big goose ! There is no truth to the rumor that I had to chase the cripple and expend about 15.00 worth of ammo ! But it's a big one and well worth all the drama.

Where's Bill Savoie when he's needed ??????????

Slicks again were really great for launching off a beach and I am hoping that there is not any excessive wear on the hull from them...........they work too well !
Only problem so far is the battery box mount did not stay glued to the floor so I may take the battery out until I can get some good epoxy weather.
One benefit of all of the extra room is being able to keep the anchor handy in a fish tote, so I can put it out in a hurry if needed.
Will have to get the big glass going on a sunny day.

Hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday !

sarge

Well, Dick, when you mentioned $15.00 worth of ammo on the goose was that 5 of those really expensive shells or was it 2 + boxes of 12 gauge dove loads like I use? Loved that story!
Al

better weather for golf here than duck hunting! I think I'm going to have to run north in January to help you chase those birds. Just doesn't seem to be right to hunt without sleet covering the boat.

Congrats on the goose. happy holidays

Bill

Back