Farmers Almanac is predicting a brutal winter

For the deep south forecasters are calling for a similar winter as last year's. That being very warm and wet. I wish we'd get something like you mentioned.

Hoping its true. Seems like past several years its the last 2 weeks of our duck season on Delmarva before we get any real cold temps to form a little ice and get birds moving.

Last edited:

As much mast, and food that is in the woods, and places I've been so far. It looks like it will be a doozy of a winter here.

Kinda like this.

View attachment P1250003.JPG

Come on back north DecoyMonsterMachine. HHHEEEeeeeHHHeeeeeHHHeeeeee

Funny thing is they were painting and sprucing up the steel flexible rods, and flags on the fire hydrants. So they can find them in the snow. Plus lots of yards stacked with cords of firewood.

The regular signs of Summer here in western NY.

Don't blink or you'll miss it.[;)]

Yeap our weather is going to suck and if it's like last year ..I just spent a lot of money on powder and steel shot for nothing

I will be very happy if this ends up being true. Our season where I am in NY has closed before the ducks have pushed through in any numbers for the past several years. I also enjoy other winter-dependent sports. My favorite season of the year.

Ken -

If ya like living where there are four seasons (some much longer than others). The memories and reality are both good & bad.[;)]

What waterfowl do, and when they do it has always been, and always will be what it is. Natures call.

Best regards
Vince

Dang, I might have to break out the long sleeve camo t-shirts, maybe even a hoodie, if it gets too bad.

[cool]

Back