heated sets in boat....sneakbox?

Michael R Braun

Anyone use heated seats in a small duck boat like a sneak box? I am looking to some how heat the boat for my dad to extend his season longer. any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks
Mike

Mike,

My buddy and I talked about electrically heated vests, coats a couple years ago. There are several companies that make them for cold weather cycle/snow mobile riders. We never followed up and bought any because they were a little pricey for us at the time. There are also boat/blind heaters like Mr. Buddy http://www.mrheater.com/ProductFamily.aspx?catid=41

I don't know of anyone making heated seats.

Like Troy, I use closed cell foam on the bottom of my canoe, kayak, and on the seat of my aluminum boat. Just stuck an old one in my sculler.

At a TU or DU or ASF auction a few years ago I won a bucket raffle that included a nice soft camo gel pad that is just right for a seat--maybe 18 X 24 inches. I think it came from LL Bean, and it's handy for duck and turkey season, and it softens up a canoe seat pretty well for trout season, too.

I use the smaller Mr Buddy portable heater. It's great for the very cold days and drys the dog quickly.

I wired my boat for my wife to use her electric Motorcycle vest with a couple of years ago to get her to go with me....still have not used the plug. Was wondering if it was me or the cold weather. Probably both.

Also have a heater with a fan. The lab really enjoys the heat after a swim

Cabelas and Macks both sell a battery powered heated pad for layout blinds
I think it is made by Avery or FA
I have thought about it for the same thing, but I take enough naps while hunting

Cabelas carries a FA brand mat that has styrene beads in it. It's made to go in a layout blind but would probably fit ok in a small boat. They are $50, I thought about getting one towards the end of the season last year but never did.

item # 22-9506

Check out Gerbing.com

They make heated clothes and a layout blind seat that operates off of Lithium Ion battery packs.

Back